- Physical damage: 4.5x
- Enemy armor: Momentarily 0%
- Enemy damage resistance: Momentarily 0%
- Size: 10m
Requires: Level 15
Requires: Wounds of the Past
Requires: 4 points in Dalish Pariah
| Wounds of the Past now inflicts more damage and leaves some enemies immobilized. |
Physical damage: +2.25x
Paralyze chance: 50% vs. normal enemies
- Activation base is a fixed mana value.
- Spell is almost identical to the Hemorrhage spell from the Blood Mage specialization, differing only slightly in its upgrade, which has no bonus against Staggered enemies.
- Spell ticks damage twice over its duration; immediately during the initial cast, and as the spell's visual effect dissipates. If the first hit is a critical hit, both will receive the critical damage bonus.
- "Temporarily 0%" only applies to this spell for the purposes of its own damage over its duration. All other characters' attacks go through their normal damage calculations independent of this spell's temporary effect.
- When used in conjunction with damage resistance-reducing abilities such as Hex of Torment and Mark of Death, the damage is first treated as facing 0% damage resistance, then the further reduction due to the aforementioned talents is applied. Thus, the spell benefits from negative damage resistance.
- Even on Nightmare difficulty, the spell does not inflict friendly fire damage. The same goes for Hemorrhage.
- pcps3xbox360 The "element" color for the spell's floating damage value is the same as Merrill's staff element. However, the damage is still equivalent to physical damage unmitigated by enemy armor and damage resistance as per the ability description, as the "element" neither provides bonuses for elemental weaknesses nor suffers nullified damage from immunities.
- pcps3xbox360 As of v1.04, Wounds of the Past can be cast via Tactics even when Blood of the First is not active. This is a common bug for all spells that require sustained abilities, like Regroup and Aid Allies.