The caster envelops the target in frost, freezing lower-level targets solid. Those that resist suffer a penalty to movement speed.
(100 + spellpower) * 0.36cold damage.
- Freeze chance:
(100 - (target level * 5))%. Minimum: 5%. Duration (adjusted for target rank): 5s.
- Movement speed penalty: 20%. Duration: 5s.
- Spell mechanics in a simplified form: targets have a 5% chance per level to resist being frozen for 5s; targets resisting the freeze effect are slowed to 80% of their normal speed for the same duration (a minimum of 5s).
- Range: 25m.
- Conjuration time: 1s.
- Activation base is in mana and values vary with fatigue%.
- Arcane Warrior spellcasting: the spell requires be cast with your weapon(s) sheathed.
- The cold from Winter's Grasp is not strong enough to freeze a target to the point where it can be shattered.
- Only damage-based Threat is drawn.
- As line of sight to the enemy is not necessary to cast, it can be very useful to attack an enemy around corners or even in another room. With proper positioning you can take out whole rooms of enemies without being in any danger, although sometimes the target will move to where you are and fight, sometimes in a group. However, it usually does not attract all the enemies in a room, so it can still be useful.
- It is possible for Winter's Grasp's effects to trigger twice whilst only casting it once. This means the target also receives the spell damage twice.