The Wending Wood is an area of forested slopes and lush greenery, divided by the trade route known as the Pilgrim's Path -- named for the faithful devotees of Andraste who walk that very road to reach the City of Amaranthine, and who have left ancient relics scattered about the wood to honor Andraste and the Maker.
The wood was once a home to an Avvar tribe of the Alamarri, and the location of one of the battles between the magisters and the barbarians in the ancient times. The wood was a sacred place of an Avvar god known as Uvolla. For centuries, the wood had been known as a place of breathtaking beauty and tranquility.
Quests EditThe Righteous Path Brothers of Stone From the Living Wood Ines the Botanist Maferath's Monuments The Merchant's Goods Trading Troubles What is Built Endures
- Ancient Magister (Arcane horror, Boss)
- Ancient sylvan (Sylvans, Lieutenant)
- Charred sylvan (Sylvans, Lieutenant)
- The Old One (Sylvans, Boss)
- Wild sylvan (Sylvans, Lieutenant)
- Bandit (Humans, Normal and Lieutenant)
- Bandit Scavenger (Humans, Normal)
- Scavenger (Humans, Normal)
- Genlock (Darkspawn, Normal)
- Hurlock (Darkspawn, Normal)
- Hurlock alpha (Darkspawn, Lieutenant)
- Hurlock emissary (Darkspawn, Lieutenant)
- Ogre (Darkspawn, Lieutenant)
- Shriek (Darkspawn, Normal)
- Shriek alpha (Darkspawn, Lieutenant)
- Giant spider (Spiders, Normal)
- Poisonous spider (Spiders, Normal and Lieutenant)
- Wolf (Wolves, Normal)
- Blight wolf (Darkspawn, Normal)
- Alpha blight wolf (Darkspawn, Lieutenant)
Notable items Edit
Fereldan youths sometimes try eating madcap bulbs. They rarely repeat the experience.
x3 Rashvine Nettle
This plant burns the skin, but surprisingly not the tongue. It has no flavor whatsoever.
x5 Blood Lotus
This flower is famous for surviving in almost any climate.
A harmless enough plant on its own, deathroot's thick leaves contain an extract that the Chasind have used to induce hallucinations for centuries. Sufficiently concentrated, it can be made into a deadly poison.
The common name for canavaris, this herb actually has little to do with elves other than being commonly collected and traded to outsiders by the Dalish. It is the primary ingredient in many healing salves.
Use: Chewing elfroot restores a small amount of health, and those with skill can use elfroot to make more potent elixirs. x2
Codex entries Edit
Special objects Edit
- Wending Wood stone puzzle
- Maferath Statues
- Corpse Pile
- Abandoned Dalish Camp
- Granite Deposit
- Brothers of Stone statues
- Ruined Caravan
- Bandit Camp
- Makeshift Lean-To
- Darkspawn Camp