Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Wending Wood is an area of forested slopes and lush greenery, divided by the trade route known as the Pilgrim's Path -- named for the faithful devotees of Andraste who walk that very road to reach the City of Amaranthine, and who have left ancient relics scattered about the wood to honor Andraste and the Maker.
The wood was once a home to an Avvar tribe of the Alamarri, and the location of one of the battles between the magisters and the barbarians in the ancient times. The wood was a sacred place of an Avvar god known as Uvolla. For centuries, the wood had been known as a place of breathtaking beauty and tranquility.
Quests EditThe Righteous Path Brothers of Stone From the Living Wood Heart of the Forest Ines the Botanist Maferath's Monuments The Merchant's Goods Trading Troubles What is Built Endures
- Ancient Magister (Arcane horror, Boss)
- Ancient sylvan (Sylvans, Lieutenant)
- Charred sylvan (Sylvans, Lieutenant)
- The Old One (Sylvans, Boss)
- Wild sylvan (Sylvans, Lieutenant)
- Bandit (Humans, Normal and Lieutenant)
- Bandit Scavenger (Humans, Normal)
- Scavenger (Humans, Normal)
- Genlock (Darkspawn, Normal)
- Hurlock (Darkspawn, Normal)
- Hurlock alpha (Darkspawn, Lieutenant)
- Hurlock emissary (Darkspawn, Lieutenant)
- Ogre (Darkspawn, Lieutenant)
- Shriek (Darkspawn, Normal)
- Shriek alpha (Darkspawn, Lieutenant)
- Giant spider (Spiders, Normal)
- Poisonous spider (Spiders, Normal and Lieutenant)
- Wolf (Wolves, Normal)
- Blight wolf (Darkspawn, Normal)
- Alpha blight wolf (Darkspawn, Lieutenant)
- Velanna (Elf, Mage), if attacked
Notable items EditAsh
The outer surface is blistering, yet the inner is cool.
When equipped with the ring Icicle, the character gains a bonus to magic.
+10% fire resistance
+20% fire damage, source: darkspawn corpse Illumination
Etched lyrium encircles this pendant.
+3 to all attributes
+10 mental resistance, source: Mystic Chest The Winter Blade
Dragonbone (Tier 7)
Requires: 31 strength
Critical chance: 3.20%
Armor penetration: 4.00
Strength modifier: 1.00
+0.5 armor penetration
+3 cold damage, from Statue of War Greater Spirit Balm Recipe, from Statue of Peace Potent Stamina Draught Recipe, from Statue of Peace Master Stamina Draught Recipe, from Statue of Peace Superb Health Poultice Recipe, from Ines Arancia Superb Lyrium Potion Recipe, from Ines Arancia Ancient Sylvanwood
A sample of ancient sylvanwood.
x5, source: ancient sylvans Battered Journal
This old journal is practically falling apart.
, source: scholar Fine Silks
A bundle of exceptional silks.
x9, source: barrels, bundles of cloth, and crates Heartwood
A large piece of wood found in the core of a mighty sylvan.
, source: The Old One Strange Stone
An unusual stone carved with an unfamiliar rune.
, source: scholar Bronze Sextant
An instrument used in navigation.
, source: corpse Elven Prayer for the Dead
This prayer implores Falon'din to guide the dead across the Veil.
Lethanavir--Friend to the Dead
Guide my feet, calm my soul,
Lead me to my rest."
, in abandoned Dalish camp Elven Trinket
A carved ironbark trinket inlaid with silver and suspended from a leather cord.
, source: Hurlock emissary
Fereldan youths sometimes try eating madcap bulbs. They rarely repeat the experience.
x3 Rashvine Nettle
This plant burns the skin, but surprisingly not the tongue. It has no flavor whatsoever.
x5 Blood Lotus
This flower is famous for surviving in almost any climate.
A harmless enough plant on its own, deathroot's thick leaves contain an extract that the Chasind have used to induce hallucinations for centuries. Sufficiently concentrated, it can be made into a deadly poison.
The common name for canavaris, this herb actually has little to do with elves other than being commonly collected and traded to outsiders by the Dalish. It is the primary ingredient in many healing salves.
Use: Chewing elfroot restores a small amount of health, and those with skill can use elfroot to make more potent elixirs. x2
Codex entries Edit
- Codex entry: The Canticle of Maferath
- Codex entry: Orders to the Militia
- Codex entry: A Scholar's Journal
Special objects Edit
- Wending Wood stone puzzle
- Maferath Statues
- Corpse Pile
- Abandoned Dalish Camp
- Granite Deposit
- Brothers of Stone statues
- Magister's Remains
- Ruined Caravan
- Bandit Camp
- Makeshift Lean-To
- Darkspawn Camp
- x2 Tripwires (Difficulty 40 XP)
- x1 Leghold Trap (Difficulty 40 XP)