If Hawke meets with Vincento first, then speaking to Thrask afterwards is optional. Note that Hawke cannot speak to Vincento about Feynriel if Thrask has already been questioned about the matter and told you about Samson (if you choose the aggressive option with him then he will not tell you about Samson and you can still talk to Vincento).
If Hawke approaches Vincento first, he will reveal information about Feynriel and likewise mention Samson if Hawke is a mage (or Bethany is in the party) and the special dialogue option to prove yourself as a friend to apostate runaways is selected. An aggressive Hawke can threaten him for the same results. Selecting the diplomatic option ("Make up for your neglect") results in Merrill: friendship (+10).
Speaking to Thrask provides additional friendship/rivalry opportunities along with the tip about Samson:
- "I want to help Feynriel."
- "Feynriel is a menace."
- "Tell me about Feynriel."
- No effect
Dialogue choice 2:
- "The city guard might help." (Aveline required)
- "Can I assist you?", "And you don't need help?", "Tell me right now."
- No effect
Lowtown (Night) Edit
Samson says that he couldn't help Feynriel since the boy was unable to pay for his passage. An aggressive Hawke can threaten Samson, or a sarcastic Hawke can bribe him with 50 , but the diplomatic option provides the same information. He tells Hawke that he sent Feynriel to see someone else at the Docks.
Docks (Night) Edit
Upon entering Arthuris's Private Dock, the party is ambushed by a group of slavers. There are three (3) simple traps on the main floor, requiring 10 cunning to detect / disarm for 50 XP per trap.
After defeating the slavers, Hawke walks in on a mage in mid-transformation to an Abomination. It is Thrask's daughter. There are two (2) simple traps in this room, requiring 10 cunning to detect / disarm for 50 XP per trap.
Be sure to loot the area thoroughly before leaving, as Hawke is unable to return.
When confronting Danzig, all dialogue choices ("I just want to talk.", "Pay for me?", "Give me Feynriel!") will lead to combat and have no approval changes for companions. However, if you have Fenris in your party your choices are as follows.
Danzig drops over 3 along with a map directing Hawke to the Slaver Caverns at the Wounded Coast. There is a Standard Chest to loot here, so you might want to bring a rogue with a cunning level of 20 or higher.
Slaver Caverns Edit
The Slaver Caverns are located southwest of The Wounded Coast map entrance, in the south-central area. A Spindleweed node and Deep Mushroom can be found within. The Alchemist's Protective Handguards can also be found in an unlocked chest. For their locations, see the map.
- "I'll risk that." Triggers fight.
- "Let's work something out." Triggers fight.
- "I don't need to step." Hawke throws a dagger, killing Varian. Triggers fight. (only available for a rogue Hawke)
- "Varric, help me out."
If Varric's help is requested and Varian is not killed, Hawke receives 3 .
- "Maybe there's another way.", "My sister's a Mage" (Bethany must in the party)
- "Do what you think is best."
- "I have friends in the Dalish" (this is only possible if you first ask him about his nightmares)
- "Go to the Circle."
Be sure to loot the area thoroughly before leaving, as Hawke is unable to return. A group of spiders will ambush Hawke in the large cavern.
Kirkwall Alienage Edit
- Feynriel goes to the Circle of Magi, or seeks refuge with the Dalish elves:
- Vincento and Vincento's Northern Merchandise vanish upon completion of this quest.
- xbox360On the Xbox version of the game, Vincento and his store will remain even after the completion of the quest. He will, however, be gone after the end of Act 1.
- The quest Night Terrors will be automatically acquired at the start of Act 2.
Speaking to Arianni:Runed Silverite Ring
+3% physical damage and 800 XP
From Keeper Marethari if the Dalish option was chosen: 1 (need to talk to Feynriel at the Dalish camp in Sundermount)
Notable items EditObtainable exclusively during this quest:
Unique armor / weapons:Alchemist's Protective Handguards
Requires: 20 dexterity
+2% magic resistance – Medium gloves found in the Slaver Caverns. Bloodletter
Requires: Dual Weapon
Damage: 20 physical damage
(37 per second)
Messy kills – Dagger found at Arthuris's Private Dock.
Crafting resources:Deep Mushroom
– Found in the "hidden" cave area of the Slaver Caverns, on the platform in the room where the first battle occurs. Spindleweed
– Found in the Slaver Caverns behind the mine cart near the entrance.
- After the dialog with Feynriel in the Slaver Caverns, don't leave the caverns through the nearest exit. Go back towards the entrance for a fight against some spiders and some additional XP.
- If seeking the Supplier achievement, be sure to grab the Deep Mushroom and Spindleweed crafting resources in the Slaver Caverns. There is also Glitterdust on a side road south of the Wounded Coast's entrance, and a Deathroot at the south end of the map in Darktown (near the sewer entrance).
- It is possible that the Gallows may not yet be unlocked while acquiring this quest. For a mage Hawke the Gallows will be unlocked earlier to complete Carver's Family History quest. But for a warrior or rogue Hawke the Gallows will be unlocked after acquiring Enemies Among Us quest. In addition, after speaking with Feynriels mother for the first time, the Gallows will be unlocked.
- Upon finding the map to the Slaver Caverns, a sarcastic/witty Hawke may make a joke about the Wounded Coast's name, saying it must be near the "Injured Cliffs", the "Limping Hills", and "Massive Head-Trauma Bay".