Warrior is one of the three playable starting classes in Dragon Age: Origins and Awakening. Warriors are the front-line fighters, the backbone of any party under assault. They rely on melee and ranged weapons, supplemented by powerful special abilities that draw from deep reserves of stamina. They can withstand and deliver a great deal of punishment, and have a strong understanding of tactics. All races can play as a warrior.
Class description Edit
Class specific talents emphasize on the warrior's role at the front. Unlike the rogue (whose weapon talents are limited to Dual Weapon and archery) and the mage (who is unable to specialize in weapons at all and may not perform well without sacrificing attribute points, unless specializing as an arcane warrior), warriors have access to all weapon talents which are categorized by weapon styles:
Dragon Age: Origins Edit
- Reavers are terrifying fighters who are driven by the pain and fear of their enemies. They are created through an unknown method of ritual involving the person intending to become a reaver to drink dragon blood—similar to the Grey Warden Joining ceremony.
- This is originally unlocked by defiling the Urn of Sacred Ashes. Once this is done, leader of the dragon cult, Kolgrim, teaches the specialization.
- In Awakening, this specialization can also be learned by purchasing the manual in The Crown and Lion bar off the bartender.
Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening Edit
These two specializations are only available in Awakening.
- Spirit Warriors are not unlike Spirit Healers or Arcane Warriors, but are instead fighters who have bargained with spirits for a potent connection to the Fade. They can channel magical energies into their attacks and manifest magical explosions.
- This specialization can be learned from a manual that can be purchased from Octham the Grocer in the City of Amaranthine.
- Main article: Warrior talents (Origins)