- Spirit damage: 50% of victim's maximum health vs. nearby targets upon explosion
- Physical force: 1x vs. nearby targets upon explosion
| Corrosive Walking Bomb|| Upgrade |
Requires: Level 8
Requires:3 points in Spirit
| Walking Bomb now includes a corrosive effect that inflicts continual spirit damage. If the enemy dies while the effect is active, it explodes, harming all foes nearby. |
Spirit damage: 2.68x vs. victim
Spirit damage: 200% vs. victim if DISORIENTED
| Virulent Walking Bomb|| Upgrade |
Requires: Level 10
Requires:4 points in Spirit
| When a victim of Walking Bomb explodes, it can now infect nearby enemies with the same effect. |
Spirit damage: 200% vs. nearby targets upon explosion if victim is DISORIENTED
Physical force: 200% vs. nearby targets upon explosion if victim is DISORIENTED
- ps3 Damage is not affected by +X% spirit damage enhancements on gear nor by Spirit Mastery. The damage is determined solely by 1/2 of the maximum HP of the enemy rigged to explode upon death.
- Walking Bomb's white noise sound effect remains even after the opponent dies and combat stops, and can be heard if a cutscene happens in the same area as the killing.
- Given the relatively high maximum health of enemies Normal-ranked and above, 50% of such values equates to a level of damage that often cracks 500 and 600 even in Act 1. On Nightmare difficulty this level of damage is fatal to any party member caught in its blast radius, even at full health and regardless of their own maximums as increased by Constitution and equipment. That being said, this can be one of the most powerful spells in the game if used correctly (but difficult, as melee enemies are near allies on a regular basis, and ranged enemies seldom stay in groups).
- The 1x physical force multiplier guarantees that this spell's explosion will have some type of physical force effect. If cast on an enemy at Normal rank or above, the explosion will have an initial force that is consistently high, i.e. equal to the damage dealt, in spite of the mere 1x value. This can make the spell a reliable source of knockback and even knockdown effects, particularly against the victim's fellow Normal ranks and below.