Spirit spells (Walking Bomb tree)
The caster magically injects a target with corrosive poison that inflicts continual spirit damage. If the target dies while the effect is still active, it explodes, damaging all targets nearby. Although this spell is related to Virulent Walking Bomb, the magic behind the two does not interact; a target cannot be inflicted with both. Friendly fire possible.
- Spirit damage (over time): (100.0 + Spellpower) * 1.0.
- Duration: 20s.
- If the target dies while the effect is still active, it explodes, inflicting up to (100.0 + Spellpower) * 1.0 damage on targets within 5m radius.
- Range: 25m.
- Conjuration time: 1s.
- 50 Threat is drawn in addition to damage-based Threat. On Hard / Nightmare difficulties, another 50 Threat is drawn.
- Damage-based Threat is drawn from explosion victims.
- Activation base is in mana and values vary with fatigue.
- Spirit damage values are displayed in the game as the color: Purple.
- Arcane Warrior Spellcasting: Casting the spell requires your weapon(s) be sheathed.
- Casting Walking Bomb on a target removes the detonation effect of previous instances of Walking Bomb and Virulent Walking Bomb. The timer of the damage over time effect of previous bomb instances is reset to the full 20s and the damage amounts are set to the value of the last bomb.
- The spell claims it is nature damage, however it is actually spirit.
- The explosion is physical damage and has the same gory appearance regardless of the target.
Tactical Notes Edit
- Due to the large amount of Threat, the bomb will likely run for the caster. Immobilizing spells should be used on the victim. Shattering using Stonefist, after using Petrify or Cone of Cold will detonate the bomb immediately.
- The spell works well in conjunction with Waking Nightmare, since Waking Nightmare can result in tightly-clustered enemies with no party member close by (it is imperative to immobilize the bomb).
- This spell also works with Blood Control as the bomb will turn and run back at enemies.