|This article contains information about the upcoming game, Dragon Age: Inquisition.
As such, the information is subject to change. This article should consist only of facts and images from official and reliable sources and not speculation.
- “For those who value survival, sentimentality is not an option.”
She is straight-laced, pro-Circle and was set to be appointed the First Enchanter of the Circle in Montsimmard. However, the Mage-Templar War and the Orlesian Civil War started before she could formally assume the position.
Vivienne is a connoisseur of fashion, placing beauty above function. Caring more about her outward appearance than protection, Vivienne is always found in the finest silks and jewels. Her rich wardrobe and appreciation of fashion speaks of her station, being dubbed "the jewel of the high court of Orlais," where she serves in an advisory capacity to the empress.
As a cunning participant in Orlesian politics, Vivienne doesn't let anyone stand in the way of her goals. She managed to turn her position as enchanter of the Imperial Court, which was regarded as little more than being a glorified court jester, into an advisory position to the Empress despite the official ban prohibiting mages from holding political power. Her reputation was such that she earned the moniker Madame de Fer; the Lady of Iron, claiming a place as both a respected, and feared, member of the court. The important thing to her is that she is left standing at the end of her struggle for order. To this end, Vivienne defies those who may see her only as a social climber or someone whose power must be restricted, and even fellow mages who try to push her into backing the Mage-Templar War, a rebellion she does not support.
Dragon Age: The Masked Empire Edit
Vivienne is briefly mentioned by her alias "Madame de Fer" by Empress Celene while she considers speaking to her about Lady Cosinne de Montsimmard and her husband's familiarity with the Circle of Magi.
Dragon Age: Inquisition Edit
Vivienne is one of the Inquisitor's companions. With the world thrown into chaos, she sees the Inquisition as the only group willing to stand against it and introduces herself by throwing them a party. She joins up with the Inquisition to help her fellow mages however she can.
- According to David Gaider, Vivienne's "fashion touchstone" is Maleficent.
- She is described as "The Ambition".
- Vivienne was written by Mary Kirby, who remarked that she is "allergic to Fereldan fashions," arranges to receive only approved gifts on Wintersend and favors gold encrusted boots made from rare animals, "and possibly the skins of one or two of her political rivals."
- When asked to compare Vivienne to food, Mary Kirby described her as "Ortolan Bunting," a notorious French dish. This kind of bird dish is a delicacy in France. The bird is caught alive and then blinded or put in a darkened cage. In the cage, the birds are force-fed until they get very fat and then drowned in a snifter of Armagnac. After which they are roasted for eight minutes.
- Vivienne appears to have a hidden agenda.
- Vivienne is described as ambitious in a nutshell. She is probably the one that stood to lose the most from the chaos that’s been sweeping, as the mage circle is falling apart.
See also Edit