Spirit spells (Walking Bomb tree)
The caster magically injects a target with corrosive poison that inflicts continual spirit damage. If the target dies while the effect is still active, it explodes, damaging nearby targets and possibly infecting them in turn. Although this spell is related to Walking Bomb, the magic behind the two does not interact; a target cannot be infected with both. Friendly fire possible.
- Spirit Damage (over time): (100.0 + Spellpower) * 1.5. At Interval(s): 2.0 Duration: 20s. If the target dies while the effect is still active, it explodes, inflicting up to (150 + 1.5 * SP) physical damage damage on all targets within 5 m. Targets within 3 m of the explosion have a 50% chance to be afflicted with Walking Bomb (limit of 3 additional infections; only targets hostile to the caster will be infected).
- Range: 25m.
- Conjuration time: 1s.
- In addition to damage-based Threat, 70 Threat is drawn from the initial target and secondary infected targets. Damage-based Threat from all explosion victims is drawn.
- Activation base is in Mana and values vary with fatigue%.
- Spirit Damage values are displayed in the game as the color: Purple.
- Physical Damage values are displayed in the game as the color: White.
- Arcane Warrior Spellcasting: The spell can be cast with your weapon(s) drawn.
- Casting Virulent Walking Bomb on a target removes the detonation effect of previous instances of Virulent Walking Bomb and Walking Bomb. The timer of the damage over time effect of previous bomb instances is reset to the full 20s and the damage amounts are set to the value of the last bomb.
- Infected targets suffer both the physical damage of the last explosion, and the spirit damage DoT effect that was applied with the infection.
- This spell can unlock the Heavy Hitter achievement if backed by enough spellpower (~70 SP).
- Armor does not reduce the physical damage from the explosion.
- This spell says it inflicts nature damage on all systems, however it is spirit damage.
Tactical Notes Edit
- Due to the large amount of Threat, the bomb will likely run for the caster. Immobilizing spells should be used on the victim. Shattering using Stonefist, after using Petrify or Cone of Cold will detonate the bomb immediately.
- The spell works well in conjunction with crowd-control spells such as Waking Nightmare, Blood Wound or Paralysis Explosion as these spells can result in tightly-clustered enemies with no party member close by (it is imperative to immobilize the bomb).
- This spell also works with Blood Control as the bomb will turn and run back at enemies.
- Casting this when the enemy pack has overall low health will most likely obliterate your tank (And other friendly targets near enough) so casting Force Field afterwards can be a good idea.