Haven is a small village in the Frostback Mountains in Ferelden. It is not marked on most maps and is widely unheard of. Privacy is very important to the villagers of Haven and they do not welcome strangers kindly.
While traditions in larger, less remote and more welcoming parts of Ferelden grew and evolved over time, Haven's intense privacy concerns means that they practice older traditions, specifically religious ones, that now seem strange to outsiders. For example, they have a male priest, which is not a convention allowed outside of the Imperial Chantry.
A violent cult named as Disciples of Andraste has taken root here, and they fanatically guard the Urn of Andraste from all outsiders. Because he seeks the Urn, Brother Genitivi is being held against his will in Haven. He can be rescued after his discovery in a secret room, once Father Eirik and the cultists within the village chantry have been killed.After completing the affairs with the ashes, the graveyard becomes available behind the right house at the village entrance.
- Cultists, namely: Cultist, Cultist Reaver, Cultist Archer, Cultist Mage.
Notable items Edit
The common name for canavaris, this herb actually has little to do with elves other than being commonly collected and traded to outsiders by the Dalish. It is the primary ingredient in many healing salves.
Use: Chewing elfroot restores a small amount of health, and those with skill can use elfroot to make more potent elixirs. - 3
A harmless enough plant on its own, deathroot's thick leaves contain an extract that the Chasind have used to induce hallucinations for centuries. Sufficiently concentrated, it can be made into a deadly poison.
Dragonthorn (Tier 7)
Requires: 34 dexterity
Critical chance: 1.60%
Armor penetration: 8.80
Strength modifier: 1.00
+3% ranged critical chance
+4 attack - in Shop chest
A very large bronze disk, bearing the symbol of Andraste.
Inscribed (Tier 6)
Requires: 18 strength
+4% spell resistance, source: Locked Chest in the Shop.
This large bone is of indeterminate origin. It still looks tasty.
, source: Corpse in the Shop.
An antique cameo depicting a beautiful woman with jewels in her hair. The cameo is set in the front of a filigreed gold locket.
, source: Locked Chest in the Shop.
A bar of pure silver.
, source: Inscribed Chest in Haven Chantry.
Codex entries Edit
Companion remarks Edit
One of your companions may make interesting remarks at certain spots:
- Heading up the first village ramp
- Approaching the village chantry
Party banter Edit
Party banter may be triggered at the following spots:
- At the lakeside docks
- If you return to the village of Haven after completing the Urn of Sacred Ashes quest, a graveyard (previously not accessible) becomes available behind one of the buildings in the lower village. The gravestones have entertaining messages from the development team.
- Originally the Avvars were supposed to be involved in the quest of the Urn of Sacred Ashes. During that time in production one of the origins was to be an Avvar from Haven. This was changed later on as the team did not have resources to develop a new art style for the barbarians, and thus Haven as we know it was made.
- If you return to Haven after killing off everyone except the guard at the entrance to the village, the guard will still be present when you return and will attack the party on sight.