Senior Producer Fernando Melo and Chris Priestly held a Q&A panel at Gamescom where they talked about the future of the series. They admitted they made a lot of mistakes with Dragon Age II, which they are working on fixing in future DLC and instalments.
Alongside the admission came the news that the next story-driven DLC would be announced at PAX. Furthermore, they "accidentally" showed a picture of Hawke on the back of a dragon, possibly indicating the introduction of mounts in future DLC.
Other interesting titbits include:
- It is "absolutely possible" that we will see both Hawke and The Warden again.
- We will see Sister Nightingale again, "sooner than we think".
- Morrigan is an absolutely critical character, and it is "very likely" that we will hear of or encounter both her and the Warden once again.
- Future time spent in Kirkwall will be short-lived, as the devs don't want to spend too much time in an area which has been thoroughly explored.
- We will see other cities in the Free Marches such as Starkhaven.
- Sandal is a "pretty special" character, and fans will "have to see" what happens in relation to his prophecy