Mike Laidlaw and Cameron Lee have confirmed via twitter that following a long wait, Dragon Age III: Inquisition will be revealed at E3, which takes place June 11 - 13.Read more >
It has been announced by Tor Books that a new Dragon Age book will be published called "The Masked Empire".
The book focuses on Empress Celene and the Orlesian Civil War. The novel will supposedly explore the relationship between the Empress and Grand Duke Gaspard, who now leads the rebel forces against the empress, as he begins to doubt her ability to find a diplomatic solution to problems with the mages and to deal with elven uprisings.
The novel is written by Patrick Weekes (who previously worked on Mass Effect, writing for such characters as Mordin Solus) and is slated for release in April 2014.Read more >
Following the announcement that Battlefield 4 would be made using the Frostbite 3 engine, BioWare have now confirmed that both the next Mass Effect game and Dragon Age III: Inquisition will make use of the new engine.
It had previously been announced that Inquisition would run on Frostbite 2, though BioWare employee Allan Schumacher stated that the switch would not "change our workflow in the slightest".Read more >
David Gaider, lead writer for Dragon Age, has confirmed on the BioWare Social Network that Dragon Age will no longer use "dominant tones" based on the player's previous dialogue choices. The feature was introduced in Dragon Age II where the game would assign a dominant personality to Hawke (either diplomatic, funny or aggressive) based on the player's most frequently chosen tone in the dialogue wheel. Any future auto-dialogue will use a neutral tone.Read more >
At the recent Edmonton Expo, BioWare revealed some information about the upcoming Dragon Age III: Inquisition. More hints and minor reveals were unveiled via developer tweets:
- The protagonist will be human
- Players will be able to choose origins, though these will not be playable
- The chosen origin will have a significant impact on the story
- It was hinted that The Warden and Hawke may appear as NPCs.
- Flemeth will return
- We will learn a lot more about the Qunari in the next game
- While Dragon Age is not intended as a trilogy, certain narrative threads will be brought to a close
- BioWare is looking into ways to include previous choices without save imports
- "One level in Dragon Age III is as big as all the levels in Dragon Age II."
- Customization will be bigger than in …