Good News Everyone!
They've released the details of the upcoming patch which can be found here:
We have a patch for PC, Ps3, Ps4, and Xbox 360 coming out today to address some of the issues players have been having. Here’s a list of the upcoming changes:
Release date: December 9, 2014
- Fixed case where game would incorrectly think the player has more than one race/class/gender
- Fixed case where users who changed their voice off of default, would have their voice set back to default when interacting with Hawke’s chargen settings.
- Increased duration that search highlights things, and added highlighted items to radar while they are highlighted.
- Fixed several conversation lines which would take a very long time to advance to the next line unless they were manually skipped.
- Fixed case where followers could float above the ground after extended periods of play
- [PC] Fixed some hitching in conversations.
- [PC] Pressing the interact key (default “F”) will take everything from containers.
- [PC] Hair should be less shiny on lower quality settings.
- [PC] Added ability to rotate character models with the mouse in UI’s that show character models
- [PC] Added an option to enable / disable tactical camera on mouse wheel scroll out.
- [PC] Hiding the HUD on the PC will now hide all UI elements
- [PC] Fixed being able to drag abilities from a tree that was not selected onto the quickbar
- [PC] Fixed being able to toggle UI state for the tactical camera on the quickbar when the tactical camera is unusable
- [PC] Fixed case where clicking quickbar elements in Eyefinity would trigger attacks
- [PC] fixed case where extra mouse-up events were triggering in UIs
- [PC] Fixed issue where mouse-up events were missed when dragging off of UI elements and then releasing the mouse button
- [PC] Fixed loading Icon not animating while Mantle creates shaders during load screens.
- [PC] Fixed mouse cursor flashing while targeting AOEs
- [PC] Fixed situation that could result in a hang on the start menu.
- [PC] Fixed situation where war table could become non-interactive until users right clicked on it.
- [PC] Fixed situation which could cause mouse-look to snap to a facing rather than turning smoothly
- [PC] Holding right click and pressing the camera turn buttons in tactical camera will cause the cursor to strafe in the same manner the camera behaves outside tactical camera
- [PC] Made some changes that should improve Mantle performance
- [PC] quickbar indicator for pause state should no longer remain highlighted when game is not paused
- [PS3] Increased number of save slots to 30
- [PS4] Improved conversation performance during fast install
- [PS4] Increased number of save slots to 50
-  Fixed case where movies sometimes decoded incorrectly
-  Fixed Crash when selecting storage device when select storage device warning is present
-  Fixed the online connection error being displayed twice when attempting to login to Origin with no Xbox live connection.
- Assorted stability improvements
- Fixed crash that could occur after some conversations
- Certain boss creatures are now immune to Disruption Field
- Creatures in rag doll will now pause when the game is paused
- Fix to Spirit Blade so it no longer triggers combos
- Fixed a couple focus abilities to be weapon agnostic
- Fixed a few DA Keep world state import reactivity checks.
- Fixed a few situations that could result in there being no conversation selection indicator during conversations
- Fixed an issue caused by changing characters at the same as targeting an AOE ability
- Fixed Audio cutting out when using AOE abilities while radial menu is open.
- Fixed being unable to finish quest “Safe Keeping” if the user places key fragments in the forger, then leaves the zone without getting the finished key.
- Fixed camera shaking when making small camera adjustments during character creation
- Fixed case where blizzard would pause the game when it turns off
- Fixed case where controller rumble would get permanently disabled
- Fixed case where Imshael could end up in a location where players could not fight him.
- Fixed case where interaction text would not update in tactical camera
- Fixed case where mana or stamina was incorrectly displayed on mounted character’s portraits
- Fixed case where users could get stuck loading a save in a certain dragon combat area
- Fixed case where users could get stuck on an infinite “Connecting to Dragon Age Servers”
- Fixed Crippling Blows to have a 15% damage bonus instead of .15%
- Fixed Cullen’s hair having some strange shadows during cinematics
- Fixed exploit that would allow bypassing ability cool-downs in certain circumstances
- Fixed exploit that would allow users to take no damage.
- Fixed issue where orders to interact with trebuchets made in tactical mode were un-interruptable.
- Fixed issue where user loses control of the party if he enters tactical camera at the same time as a cinematic triggers
- Fixed issue which could cause potion counts to be reset due to party member changes.
- Fixed issue which could result in an infinite “Connecting to Dragon Age Servers” on the main menu.
- Fixed issue which could result in the Radial menu not staying open
- Fixed issue which could result in the screen re-sizing UI to stop working until exiting and re-entering the screen re-sizing UI.
- Fixed scripted autosave in the western approach which was made which if loaded could result in certain NPCs to not show up until after leaving the area and coming back.
- Fixed situation where followers could get stuck while pathfinding to the player.
- Fixed some of the collectible books being non-interactive in Skyhold
- Fixed slot types on several crafted items
- Fixed some item names getting cut off in stores
- Fixed weapon type on several crafted weapon parts.
- Ground rings scale on Dragons in Tactical Camera
- Radar will be shown during radar tutorial, even if the UI is set to be hidden
- Radar will show way points immediately after coming out of UIs, no longer requires player to move first.
- Target lock is cleared when entering tactical mode.
- Unified sort order for stat listings during item modification
- [PC] Improved push-to-talk functionality when using keyboard and mouse
- Fixed issue which could result in negative XP being granted in some multiplayer matches
- Fixed crash that could occur while switching characters in some multiplayer menus
- Cursed chests in multiplayer no longer look different from un-cursed ones
- Fixed some missing information on end of match screens when servers are slow in Multiplayer.
- Fixed Players losing their ability to target when dying while recovering object in multiplayer
- Fixed situation where host migration after end of match would fail to show end of match details for the remaining players
- Fixed issue with players being interrupted while interacting with objects in Multiplayer
- Fixed issue where host can be returned to an empty lobby after quitting out of a match while in the operation failed state
- Improved appearance of ledge drop-downs in multiplayer.
- Fixed case which could cause keys to not drop in Multiplayer
- Fixed case in Multiplayer where players could attempt to use abilities while dead.
There is also a hotfix forthcoming for PC, in the mean time however you can use this workaround to solve the problem:
- Through Origin:
- Right click on the Dragon Age Inquisition title
- Go to game properties
- Type the command line parameter in the Command Line Properties box.
- Right Click Shortcut
- Go to Properties
- Under target go to the end of the field and type the command line parameter into the box
Once there, add the following command line parameter: -ShaderSystem.ShaderQualityLevel <quality setting>
In this instance, <quality setting> should be one of the following:
An example of how to set your quality to high would be: -ShaderSystem.ShaderQualityLevel High
Please note that once the hot fix is out, you will need to go back in and remove this workaround from your command line.
It’s also important to note that pre-patch 2, all users on PC were being forced to use the Ultra shader quality. This means that those of you playing on lower settings will notice a decrease in quality, particularly players using low or medium settings.
To achieve the same visuals as pre-patch, users on lower settings will need to change their settings to Ultra, which should likewise be used in conjunction with Ultra mesh quality. Mismatching the mesh and shader settings will result in other visual artifacts like overly shiny hair.
Please be aware that changing settings to Ultra may impact performance on some machines.
Update: Hotfix for Patch 2 Now Live
We have implemented a hotfix for Patch 2 on PC to address graphical issues our players have been experiencing. This fix ensures that the graphics settings are working correctly for everyone; however, players who are using lower graphics settings will notice changes to the visuals they are used to.
Before Patch 2, released December 9, shader quality for all PC users was being forced to run at Ultra. This impacted the performance of low-end machines and caused some unintended visual artifacts for users whose mesh quality was set lower than Ultra. As a result, users with Low or Medium mesh settings saw hair that was shinier than expected.
We attempted to address this in Patch 2 by binding the two settings so that mesh and shader quality were always the same. However, this fix wasn't properly implemented, and it forced shader quality to Low. We provided a command-line workaround Tuesday, but that still required players to ensure that the new shader quality matched their mesh settings.
This hotfix will correctly bind the mesh and shader settings and eliminate this issue. However, now that shader quality is being set correctly for everyone, players using lower settings will notice a decrease in the quality of visuals. This includes the removal of some features such as scars and freckles.
Most notably, the lower settings do not support blending of the age layer, so some users may notice that their Inquisitor (or custom Hawke) has aged considerably. And while this change is how it was originally intended to work, it could be understandably frustrating for people who created their characters before Patch 2.
If you would like to correct this change, you can set your mesh quality to High or Ultra. This will enable features that are disabled on lower settings, but may impact your framerate and performance.
We're sorry for any stress or confusion this may have caused, and we thank the community for helping us quickly identify and address this issue.