As of today, Dragon Age II can no longer be purchased from Steam. It is not the first casualty of the dispute between Electronic Arts and Valve - Crysis 2 has also suffered the same fate. When talking about the dispute, David DeMartini said that the conflict is about post-release involvement in games.
- "We take direct responsibility for providing patches, updates, additional content, and other services to our players," DeMartini said, and so insist on being allowed to "establish an ongoing relationship" with customers and contact them to inform them of new patches and available content.
- "Unfortunately, if we're not allowed to manage this experience directly and establish a relationship with you, it disrupts our ability to provide the support you …
17 works of video game art have been selected for the eighth Into the Pixel collection this year, including the Witch of the Wilds herself, Flemeth from Dragon Age II. All of the winners will be presented at the upcoming E3 Expo in Los Angeles from June 7 to 9. BioWare scored a double win, the other being the Normandy from Mass Effect 2.
The ITP is a collabortion between the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS) and the Entertainment Software Association (ESA). It is juried by both traditional fine art and gaming experts. This year's jurors were:
- Glenn Phillips, Getty Research Institute, Senior Project Specialist & Consulting Curator, Department of Architecture and Contemporary Art
- Nora Dolan - Independent Curator
- Ryan Wilkerson, Microsof…
]] BioWare announced on Dragon Age twitter account a special contest - the fan that posts a Dragon Age II character with the most likeness to Felicia Day, the creator and star of the upcoming web series Dragon Age: Redemption, will get $100 towards the BioWare Store. In other words, get started with face generator!
Note that Felicia herself intends to enter the contest too. Can you make a better Felicia Day lookalike than Felicia herself?Read more >
Felicia Day, creator and star of the Dragon Age: Redemption web series, was the guest of yesterday's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. You can find both Fallon's conversation with Felicia and the Redemption trailer here.Read more >
Wikia and BioWare are teaming up to give fans a chance to win one of six fantastic prize packs!
Each prize pack includes a copy of Dragon Age II plus merchandise related to BioWare games, such as Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. For all details and to find out how to enter, head over to the BioWare Giveaway page at BioWare Wiki.Read more >