Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I've seen a lot of people ask for these and I just noticed they've been added to the Dragon Age II FAQ over at the BioWare site. For those of you who haven't seen them yet I'll save you the trouble of following the link and post them right here:
Recommended System Requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz Processor or equivalent
- CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 Triple core 2.8 GHz or equivalent
- RAM: 2GB (4 GB Vista and Windows 7)
- Video: ATI 3850 512 MB or greater
- Video: NVIDIA 8800GTS 512 MB or greater
- DirectX 11: ATI 5850 or greater
- DirectX 11: NVIDIA 460 or greater
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP 32-bit with SP3
- OS: Windows Vista 32-bit with SP2
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo (or equivalent) running at 1.8 GHz or greater
- CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8 GHz or greater
- RAM: 1 GB (1.5 GB Vista and Windows 7)
- Video: Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB
- Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256 MB cards
- Disc Drive: DVD ROM drive required
- Hard Drive: 7 GB
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c Compatible Sound Card Windows Experience Index: 4.5
On The Oddly Small Size For The Game
"Ok, to alleviate your worries (I know it won't in those who want to see something negative, but I'll try) here is why it is 7GB instead of a higher number. 3 main points.
- - We used a different compression scheme in DA II than DAO (something called "ogg" I am told).
- - 2 less fully VOed langauages
- - Optimized mesh data, physics and lighting (which I am told reduces the footprint of environments by close to 75%)
I know some will still doom and gloom, but the game is 7GB because we are better at making games. So, now that you have some reasons why the game is 7GB I hope this will calm some of you down." --Evil Chris Priestly 
The two languages that won't be fully voiced are Hungarian and Czech. 
If and when BioWare posts Mac system requirements I'll add them to this blog post.