25, living in New Jersey studying psychology in grad school, friendly enough for an introverted fantasy nerd. I spend most of my time here on the forums with occasional edits/cleanup. I try to avoid big projects since there's always someone with a better idea that can erase it at will, though most of my contributions remain. I've written strategies for some difficult fights in DA2 on Nightmare, an untested, unbalanced nightmare of a challenge if there ever was one. Namely, the Gangs battles, the fight against Ser Varnell in his mosh pit, the Antivan Crows fight, and contributed to and refined the Malvernis strategy. A lot of my strategies involve pulling, kiting, and dropping out of combat between waves, and this is deliberate so readers can get through the fight pretty much regardless of character builds. So if you consider that cheating, I wish you luck in finding that magic combination of class, gear, talents, attributes, and AI tactics with similar perfection for your allies. I finished Nightmare without using any Maker's Sighs, which meant I was also holding myself back until the most difficult points on top of the existing challenge. That should speak for the reliability of my strategies.
I'm also an admin over on Dragon Age Answers, stop on by if you want to ask quick questions of the game without turning it into a big forum. If you use that link, I only ask that you read carefully before typing anything on the main page. You'll see what I mean if you come by.
Right now I'm playing around with making a custom signature. I've plagiarized Loleil's as a template, now I just need something similar to Inquisition's box font that's HTML compatible.
I'm also building a signature for one of my lackeys at DA Answers, the Bann of Bullshit:
Dragon Age: Origins Edit
I play DA:O as as Dual-Wielding Warrior, Human Noble named Ryan Cousland.
- Everyone recruited and personal baggage dealt with
- Alistair and Leliana hardened
- Morrigan romanced, left for Leliana
- Mages saved
- Connor saved with Mages' help
- Werewolf curse lifted
- Anvil destroyed, Bhelen crowned king
- Ashes preserved
- Shale recruited, regained memories
- Avernus' concoction destroyed, ethical restrictions enacted
- Cailan's corpse recovered and cremated
- Bann Vaughan killed
- Subdued and thrown in Fort Drakon, Oghren and Zevran rescue
- Slavers killed
- Landsmeet won, Loghain executed, Alistair and Anora rule jointly
- Ritual performed
- Sided with guards, defended trade routes, struck down conspiracy w/Dark Wolf's help
- Amaranthine saved, Nathaniel/Oghren/Sigrun kill Architect and Mother
- Bid Morrigan goodbye, claimed book and began preparations for the "harrowing to come."
Dragon Age II Edit
Sided with the mages for the most part. Karras was killed, Feynriel went to Tevinter, Arishok was killed in a duel, helped the templars once for the achievement(s), then helped the mages every time after that. Everyone stayed until the end and remained loyal, except that one guy who did something horrible at the end. He's dead now.