The character has learned to construct traps and lures.
- See Also Skills, Coercion, Stealing, Trap-Making, Survival, Herbalism, Poison-Making, Combat Training, Combat Tactics.
Trap-Making is a crafting skill. Characters who have learned this skill can construct traps or lures from common components, as long as the appropriate design has been learned. Tier 1 trap designs are automatically learned with the first level of the skill; others must be purchased. The second and fourth ranks of this skill DO NOT increase the range at which a character can detect enemy traps.[confirmation needed]
Note: While all characters who have learned this skill can set traps, only rogues can disarm them.
||The character has learned to construct basic traps and lures from common components.|
||The character has learned to create complex second-tier traps and lures, and can now detect enemy traps at greater range than previously. Increased detection radius is not implemented.|
||The character has learned to assemble lethal third-tier traps and lures.|
||This character has mastered the art of designing deadly fourth-tier traps and lures, and gains a further increase to trap detection range. Increased detection radius is not implemented.|
Location of Unlimited Supplies
The following vendors have unlimited supplies of important trap ingredients.
- Concentrator Agent: Bartender at the Gnawed Noble Tavern, Bodahn Feddic
- Corrupter Agent: Bodahn Feddic, Alimar in Dust Town (cheaper)
- Deathroot and Toxin Extract: Varathorn at the Dalish Camp
- Distillation Agent: Bartender at the Gnawed Noble Tavern, Bodahn Feddic
- Lifestone: Ruck
- Trap Trigger: Alimar in Dust Town, Barlin in Lothering (cheaper)
- See Trap-Making Recipes for detailed information.
Each tier in the skill allows access to more advanced traps.
Tier One Traps
|Small Caltrop Trap Plans||Small Claw Trap Plans||Small Shrapnel Trap Plans||Spring Trap Plans|
Tier Two Traps
|Large Caltrop Trap Plans||Large Claw Trap Plans||Large Shrapnel Trap Plans||Mild Choking Powder Trap Plans|
|Mild Lure Plans||Mild Sleeping Gas Trap Plans||Small Grease Trap Plans|
Tier Three Traps
|Acidic Trap Plans||Choking Powder Trap Plans||Fire Trap Plans||Freeze Trap Plans|
|Interesting Lure Trap Plans||Large Grease Trap Plans||Poisoned Caltrop Trap Plans||Shock Trap Plans|
|Sleeping Gas Trap Plans||Soulrot Trap Plans|
Tier Four Traps
|Acidic Grease Trap Plans||Choking Powder Cloud Trap Plans||Overpowering Lure Plans||Sleeping Gas Cloud Trap Plans|