Isabela reveals that she found the relic that she had lost. Her pursuer, Castillon, will spare her life if the relic is returned.
Head to Lowtown with Isabela in the party to find Wall-Eyed Sam. Things begin to heat up with a fight against a Sten and a couple of Qunari. A cutscene reveals that the relic Isabela had stolen was a tome written by Ashkaari Koslun, the founder of Qun. The Qunari have been unable to leave Kirkwall without the relic. At the end of this conversation, Hawke chooses between helping Isabela, which gives:
- Isabela: friendship (+15),
- Varric: friendship (+10),
- Merrill: friendship (+10),
- Sebastian: rivalry (+5),
Or returning the relic to the Qunari, which gives:
Enter the building for a fight with Tevinter Mages and some Qunari led by a Sten. Isabela runs away at the start of the battle, leaving Hawke and two other party members to plow through the remaining enemies (assuming Hawke has kept his/her distance until the Qunari or the Tevinter Mages have killed each other). In the room to the north-west, there's an upgrade for Isabela's armor.
Edit. I detected and disarmed the saw blades as a warrior.
After leaving the building, Hawke will find Isabela's Letter on Wall-Eyed Sam's body and the quest ends.
Isabela's letter contains an apology and says that she is leaving. If Isabela is romanced or has a Friendship/Rivalry score of fifty or greater, she will return with the relic during the quest Demands of The Qun.
- 1000 XP (quest completion)
- Several generic Qunari-related weapons, accessories, or armor
- Non-generic rewards:
Requires: 21 dexterity
+1% critical chance
+1 mana/stamina regeneration rate
Companion armor upgrade
+2% critical chance (Isabela's armor upgrade)
- While Isabela is describing the relic she mentions one of the options as Cousland, which is the name of the human noble Grey Warden in Dragon Age: Origins.
- The name of this quest is likely a reference to the 1955 movie To Catch a Thief
- There is a chance that Hawke won't have to battle the Sten and his Qunari at all. Just move straight towards the foundry entrance and click on it. Hawke will be brought to a cutscene without having to fight.