Isabela reveals that she found the relic that she had lost. Her pursuer, Castillon, will spare her life if the relic is returned.
Head to Lowtown at night with Isabela in the party to find Wall-Eyed Sam. Things begin to heat up with a fight against a Sten and a couple of Qunari. A cutscene reveals that the relic Isabela had stolen was a tome written by Ashkaari Koslun, the founder of Qun. The Qunari have been unable to leave Kirkwall without the relic. At the end of this conversation, Hawke chooses between helping Isabela, which gives:
- Isabela: friendship (+15),
- Varric: friendship (+10),
- Merrill: friendship (+10),
- Aveline: friendship (+5)
- Sebastian: rivalry (+5),
Or returning the relic to the Qunari, which gives:
Note: if you go to the door before triggering the fight, you will skip to the cutscene, and be put in the next section without doing the fight at all.
Enter the Dark Foundry for a fight with Tevinter Mages and some Qunari led by a Sten. Isabela runs away at the start of the battle to chase Wall-Eyed Sam, leaving Hawke and two other party members to plow through the enemies. You can either keep distance until the Qunari or the Tevinter Mages have killed each other or make haste to kill all of them yourself (500 exp). In the room to the north-west, you'll find Lambswool Insoles in a crate - an armor upgrade for Isabela.
After leaving the building, Hawke will find Isabela's Letter on Wall-Eyed Sam's body and the quest ends.
Isabela's letter contains an apology and says that she is leaving.
If you are romancing Isabela or she has a Friendship/Rivalry score of fifty or greater, she will return with the relic during the quest Demands of The Qun.
- 1000 XP (quest completion)
- Several generic Qunari-related weapons, accessories, or armor
- Non-generic rewards:
Requires: 21 dexterity
+1% critical chance
+1 mana/stamina regeneration rate Lambswool Insoles
Companion armor upgrade
+2% critical chance (Isabela's armor upgrade)
- While Isabela is describing the relic she mentions one of the options as Cousland, which is the family name of the human noble Grey Warden in Dragon Age: Origins.
- There is a chance that Hawke won't have to battle the Sten and his Qunari at all. Just move straight towards the foundry entrance and click on it. Hawke will be brought to a cutscene without having to fight.