Thedas is a continent in the southern Hemisphere, and the only known continent of the Dragon Age universe, upon which all of the Dragon Age games are set. It is presumed that there are other continents, as the Qunari do not originally come from Thedas but from a unknown land across the Northern Ocean.
The word "Thedas" originates from Tevinter, once referring to all lands beyond the Imperium and eventually, it came to encompass the entire continent. A native of Thedas is referred to as a Thedosian.
- Antiva: the setting for the comic series Dragon Age: The Silent Grove
- Estwatch: an island stronghold.
- Ferelden: the setting for novels Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne and Dragon Age: The Calling as well as the games Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, and the prologue of Dragon Age II.
- Orlais: the setting for the novel Dragon Age: Asunder
- Orzammar: the setting for the game Dragon Age: Origins
- Par Vollen
- Rivain: the setting for the second volume of the comic series Dragon Age: Those Who Speak in Isabela's memories.
- Seheron: the setting for the comic series Dragon Age: Those Who Speak and Dragon Age: Until We Sleep
- Tevinter Imperium: the setting for the first volume of the comic series Dragon Age: Those Who Speak
- The Anderfels
- The Free Marches: the setting for the game Dragon Age II from the prologue onwards.
Beyond the Korcari Wilds to the south is a frozen wasteland that only the Chasind Wilders have explored. There's also land further west, although the Hunterhorn Mountains inhibit travel—as do the jungles of Donarks in the northwest. Par Vollen lies to the north, much closer to the equator.
- The name was originally an acronym used on the BioWare Dragon Age forums. It stands for "THE" "D"ragon "A"ge "S"etting.
- Thedas is comparable in size to modern Europe with the Amaranthine Ocean to the east and the Boeric Ocean to the north. Ferelden lies to the far southeast and is small compared to the rest of the continent.
- Thedas is loosely based on Medieval Europe, as its nations are very similar to European ones.
- Thedas seems to be in the southern hemisphere, as the weather of its nations seems to get warmer the farther north one goes.
See also Edit