The Wounded Coast is a feared place, one of the paths that travel into Kirkwall, known for its bandits that hide among the rocky cliffs, as well as the predators that stalk the area.
Places EditWounded Coast Approach (Act 1) Slaver Caverns (Act 1) Tal-Vashoth Cavern (Act 1) Dank Cave (Act 2) Bounty Hunter Getaway (Act 2)
Act 1 EditRedblossom Special Dark Epiphany The Unbidden Rescue Terror on the Coast Wayward Son Blackpowder Promise Duty
Act 2 EditSwatch of the Jackyard Goosegirl Cameo Bounty Hunter Search and Rescue Raiders on the Cliffs The Lost Patrol Elves at Large Herbalist's Tasks
Act 3 EditThe Awiergan Scrolls: First Aspect Who Needs Rescuing? The Lost Swords Best Served Cold
- Dalish Assassin - Dalish Warrior - Dalish Archer
- Raider - Raider Assassin - Raider Archer - Raider Reaver
Notable items Edit
Crafting resources Edit
Here are the resources in this area for the Supplier achievement:
- at the end of the south-pointing dead end on the extreme northeast side of the map. Elfroot
x2 - one on the south side of the north path just past that first northeast clearing, the other one at the dead end on the far west of the map. Spindleweed
- on the path to the northeastern clearing Lyrium
- Tal-Vashoth cave during Blackpowder Promise quest Silverite
- during the Blackpowder Promise quest, relatively in the same area with Raw Lyrium.
- in the Dank Cave during Forbidden Knowledge Elfroot
- about halfway down the east-west path on the south side (a little past the first Raiders) Embrium
x2 - one on the south path by the blocked mine, one on the north path where it slopes up to the right
-just past the mine cart on the east-west path Embrium
- to the left just short of the far western exit
Act 1Avernus's Experimental Draught
Whoever consumes this elixir gains greater mastery over the body's potential.
Attribute points: +2 – on a Dead Messenger for the quest Dark Epiphany up to the right from where you came, there is a quest mark on him Design: Rune of Fire Warding
Act 2Formula: Mythal's Favor – in a crate along the southern path Design: Rune of Defense – in a Pile of Bones, a skeleton sitting at a tree trunk, just as the east west path splits off towards where the Tal-Vashoth were in Act 1; the design can also be found in Act 3
Act 3Formula: Fell Grenade
- If the Warden chose to side with the Dalish during Nature of the Beast, either by curing the werewolves or killing them, Hawke encounters a man at the Wounded Coast being harassed by Dalish assassins, who accuse him of being a werewolf. Hawke can side with the elves, which leads to the man being killed, defend the man, upon which the elves attack Hawke, or convince the elves to leave the man alone. The accused man is different based on whether the Warden killed the werewolves or cured them.
- Hawke convinces the assassin killing the human isn't what her mother would have wanted: Isabela: rivalry (+5). Talking the Dalish out of killing the human nets 510 XP and some silver. This option is only available to a diplomatic Hawke.
- Hawke does not intervene on the man's behalf, resulting in 500 XP, some coin and Isabela: friendship (+5).
- Hawke defends the human, which forces a confrontation with the Dalish: Isabela: rivalry (+5). This option is the most profitable and yields the most XP, around 100 XP and some random loot for the kills, plus 500 XP and 50 as the man thanks Hawke.
- Before Hawke begins the dialogue, the Dalish assassin says to the accused man, "Do you even know her name, shem? No? It's Danyla. She's dead." Danyla was part of the Lost to the Curse quest in Dragon Age: Origins.
- There are two accessible areas that don't show on the map. One in the northern labyrinth and one in the Tal-Vashoth camp to the left before the cave. Both areas are hidden behind bushes and contain normal loot.