The Warden-Commander is the Commander of the Grey in Ferelden, the ruler of Vigil's Keep and the arling of Amaranthine, and the player-controlled protagonist of Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening. The Warden-Commander can be either the Warden from Dragon Age: Origins (with any origin story from that game and regardless of the Warden's fate), or a new Orlesian Warden.
Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening Edit
- Main article: Amaranthine Conflict (9:31 Dragon)
If the Hero of Ferelden died slaying the Archdemon: One of the Orlesian Grey Wardens has been made Ferelden's new Warden-Commander.
The new Warden-Commander has been tasked to rebuild the Grey Warden Order's presence there. The Wardens have been given the fortress of Vigil's Keep - formerly the seat of Arl Rendon Howe - as a home base as well as rule over the Arling of Amaranthine.
Even though the archdemon is now dead, the darkspawn have not departed (as was natural following prior Blights) and there are reports of a new, highly intelligent breed of darkspawn. Following the end of the Fifth Blight, several Grey Wardens from Orlais have been re-assigned to Ferelden.Through investigation, the Warden-Commander discovers that the darkspawn have broken into two warring factions, one led by the Mother and the other led by the Architect, and it is their conflict which is behind the ongoing troubles. The Warden has no choice but to destroy the Mother, but has the option to either kill the Architect or allow it to live and continue its' work in an attempt to establish a lasting peace.
The Golems of Amgarrak Edit
Sometime after the defeat of the Mother, Jerrik Dace of Orzammar asks the Warden-Commander to accompany him to Amgarrak Thaig where his house led an expedition, in order to find his missing brother, Brogan, and to recover whatever information the expedition had found of the research to make golems without the Anvil of the Void.Though the Warden-Commander is able to rescue Brogan, a Harvester attacked the party while they were investigating the thaig. After discovering the truth behind the Harvester's origins, the trio resolve to destroy the creature and bury this branch of golem research forever.
Witch Hunt Edit
- The Warden-Commander stabs Morrigan. Although the attack looks deadly, Morrigan falls into the portal, and it is deliberately unclear whether she survives. The Warden recovers some items from her camp, and departs.
- The Warden-Commander allows Morrigan to enter the portal unharmed. After her departure, the Warden recovers the items from her camp and leaves with Ariane, Finn, and Dog.
- The Warden-Commander travels through the portal with Morrigan. This ending is only possible with a male Warden who completed Morrigan's romance.
Dragon Age 2 Edit
Future fate Edit
- See The Warden.
Dragon Age: Origins Edit
- Human Noble (if imported from Origins)
- Magi (if imported from Origins)
- Dalish Elf (if imported from Origins)
- City Elf (if imported from Origins)
- Dwarf Noble (if imported from Origins)
- Dwarf Commoner (if imported from Origins)
- Grey Warden (if created in Awakening)
See also EditCodex entry: The Grey Warden
- ↑ Robes of the Orlesian Magister, Orlesian Warden's Light Armor.
- ↑ Codex entry: Grey Warden Letters
- ↑ Dragon Age: Last Flight — Chapter 9, p.84.