Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Near Lothering's chantry - particularly (automatically) if approaching a barrel and chest on the ground next to a covered wagon - the party will encounter a group consisting of a Sister, a merchant, and two farmers. The priestess and merchant are arguing over the prices being charged for his wares. In the ensuing dialogue, you have three options: removing yourself from the argument, siding with the merchant, or siding with the Sister.
Remove yourself from the argument (the merchant will leave Lothering):
- Leliana approves (+1)
- Sten disapproves (-3)
Side with the merchant (he will give you 1 and be open for business):
- Alistair disapproves (-3) , (-6) if "Don't worry about it. I hate the self-righteous" is also chosen
- Leliana disapproves (-15) , (-10) if "You don't think you're being unscrupulous?" was chosen
- Morrigan approves (+2) , (+4) if "Don't worry about it. I hate the self-righteous" is also chosen
Kill the merchant (option is available after driving off the Sister):
- Alistair disapproves (-3)
- Leliana disapproves (-30) , (-25) including approval loss from siding with the merchant (see above)
- Morrigan approves (+2)
- Sten approves (+4)
Siding with the Sister, The Warden may attempt to persuade or intimidate the merchant into lowering his prices. If either is successful, the merchant will remain and do business):
- Leliana approves (+2)
- Morrigan disapproves (-3)
- 150 XP
- 1 for siding with the merchant
- Access to the merchant's inventory if he is not killed and either
- the Warden convinces him to lower his prices
- the Sister is driven away by the Warden
- This quest is not documented in your journal.
- Despite assurances of a discount, the prices the merchant applies to you are the same regardless of who you choose to support.