The combined pieces make a key that may be used to open something likely important and certainly old.
Clicking on the door to Unadin Grotto will grant the quest. Alternatively, looting the first of the key fragments found by destroying graves in Var Bellanaris will also trigger it.
- Find the key fragments by destroying and looting the graves in Var Bellanaris.
- You can either give the key to Keeper Hawen or open the door to Unadin Grotto in order to complete the quest.
- Giving the key to Keeper Hawen will bypass approval losses from By the Grace of the Dalish but will take the key from the Inquisitor, making the door unable to be unlocked. See notes for ways to bypass this.
- If the quest is completed by opening the grotto door, go down into the first room and up the stairs. When you loot all the items in the central urn, corpses and an arcane horror will spawn. Kill them and return to the first room. More corpses and a revenant will spawn.
Completing the quest yields:
- 256 XP
- 160 Influence
- If you destroy any of the tombs—even if you do not loot the grave and even ones that cannot be looted for a key fragment—before turning in From the Beyond to Keeper Hawen, he will admonish you for disturbing the graves and you will lose favor for the By the Grace of the Dalish quest.
- You will lose additional favor for entering the tomb proper.
- Alternatively, if you do not enter the tomb proper and instead give Keeper Hawen the key, the approval lost for desecrating the tombs will be offset by an approval gain.
- If you begin this quest after turning in From the Beyond to Keeper Hawen, he will not mention it and you suffer no negative consequences.
- Looting the various loot boxes that are not tombs does not trigger disfavor.
- One piece of the Invasion mosaic is found in the second room.
- The revenant always drops:
- Frost Rune
Adds cold damage to each weapon strike
+10 Cold Damage
- Superb Belt of Ranged Defense
+10% Ranged Defense
- If you wish to avoid unlocking the door with the key, a horse dismount trick can get you through. Align the left-hand side of your mount with the door as close as you can manage and dismount.
- Exploiting the above glitch before acquiring the key will stop demons from spawning later if the tombs are "desecrated".
- It is possible to fast travel away from the tomb after looting the containers, avoiding battle entirely.