The Warden is sent to the Pearl for the quest Pearls Before Swine. There is also an opportunity to learn the Duelist specialization from Isabela, a ship captain who is currently visiting the brothel for a bit of fun. She may bed the Warden if she is seduced.
The Warden can engage in sexual activity with males and females of different races for the fee of 40 or at the negotiated price of 30 .
One of the options available at the Pearl is "Surprise Me." The result of this decision can lead to the following humorous scenarios upon waking up:
- The Warden wakes with their hands tied behind their back and two tools lying on the bed labeled "Insertion Tool" and "Extraction Tool."
- The Warden wakes with two nugs who, when clicked on, flop to the ground lounging and produce the message, "The nugs avoid eye contact, trying to look busy." The reference in Witch Hunt with the gossiping mages regarding the Warden could be pulled from this random surprise.
- The Warden wakes up in a room filled with flower pots, scarecrows, a dragon egg, some bottles of unknown fluid, a whip, a trellis or monkey bars, and a ring of practice dummies with a wooden fish statue in the middle. The Warden paces looking paranoid or utterly confused.
- The Warden wakes up staring a male dwarf dressed in women's clothing who states, "Yes, that was amazing. The world moved for everyone," before crossing his arms. This would seem to be the person that Isabella was referring to in Dragon Age 2, when discussing her sexual experience said that she even tried "a dwarf in drag once" but that she didn't recommend it.
- The Warden wakes up staring at the floor and wobbling a bit. By the bed is a two handed maul labeled as "Magic Wand" which produces the message, "You're not sure if you want to remember what happened last night."
Companions' reaction Edit
Engaging in any sexual activity with the workers at the Pearl will result in approval changes (only once):
- Alistair disapproves (-1) , unless he is hardened
- Leliana disapproves (-1) , unless she is hardened
- Wynne disapproves (-1)
- Oghren approves (+1) , or +3 if the Warden is female and selects one of the female workers.
- Morrigan disapproves (-10) if you are in romance with her.
- Sanga - The proprietor of The Pearl.
- Isabela - Captain of The Siren's Call.
- Casavir - First Mate of The Siren's Call.
- Hooded Courier - Involved in Grease the Wheels.
- White Falcon mercenaries - Involved in Pearls Before Swine.
- White Falcon mercenaries
- Paedan (Human, Elite)
- Shaevra (Elf, Elite)
- Jarvy (Qunari, Normal)
- Tennant (Qunari, Normal)
- Chest (Generic, Elite) - locked, contains Love Letter
- Chest (Ferelden, Normal) - locked
- Wooden Crate (Generic, Critter)
Special objects Edit
- Dead Body (for Favors for Certain Interested Parties)
Codex entries Edit
Be careful if you have enabled the developer console and are using the cheat that allows more than 4 party members. If you buy a prostitute from Sanga, there is a possibility that those extra members will no longer be under your control at the conclusion of business. They will still appear inside The Pearl, but only as NPC's with which you cannot interact. You will have lost all of their equipment, XP, skills and talents. Also, they will no longer appear in Camp, or in the Select Party screen.
One possible fix (if you had not saved recently) is to re-add them using the "runscript zz_addparty NPCname" command. This will restore them as if nothing happened. However, you must do this for each member, and it must be done from inside The Pearl (if you've left, you can go back with no real problem, except that you will have lost their Quickbar setup). If you use this command outside The Pearl, the NPC's will be added to your party with no XP and only starter equipment.
- When attempting to join up with some of the "supporters of the Grey Wardens", one of the passwords you can give to enter the room is "Errrrr... sausage?" A similar answer, "Errr... bacon?" was given trying to enter La Resistance in the South Park movie. 
- If a character with stealing ability is present in the party, it's possible to steal from the prostitutes, often receiving more silver than is paid out for the services.