One of Leliana's agents reported a man, calling himself Blackwall, dressed in full Grey Warden regalia and last seen travelling through the Fereldan Hinterlands. With so many Wardens disappearing in the wake of the Divine's death, this Blackwall should be questioned.
Automatically triggered after the main quest The Threat Remains.
Travel to Hinterlands, where Blackwall can be found southwest from the Upper Lake camp. He is on the opposite (west) side of the nearby lake so the player needs to go around it. The Inquisitor will find him rallying a couple of conscripts to fight off the bandits, who will attack shortly afterwards. When talking to him after the fight, he offers to join the Inquisition.
- 177 XP
- 80 Influence
- 1 Power
- Blackwall joins the Inquisition (if accepted)
- Unlocks the war table operation Utilize the Grey Warden Treaties
- Unlocks Codex entry: Blackwall.
- A mosaic collection piece for The Fall can be found outside the house where Blackwall is encountered
- Inside the aforementioned house is Codex entry: The Orlesian Empire which can be collected for 75 XP.
- After the fight with the bandits, the combat overlay may stay up during the follow-up dialog with Blackwall, preventing any dialog options from being chosen. This seems to be unfixable, and an earlier save must be loaded (unconfirmed - PC, Xbox One).
- When going to the location of the Grey Warden the graphic card might crash every single time, seems unfixable (unconfirmed-PC).