|This article contains information about the upcoming game, Dragon Age: Inquisition.
As such, the information is subject to change. This article should consist only of facts and images from official and reliable sources and not speculation.
Male or Female
The Veil has torn across Thedas. The Inquisitor is the sole survivor of a tear, referred to as "the Breach," that occurs during a peace conference between the leaders of the Chantry and the mage rebellion at the Temple of Sacred Ashes. The Inquisitor emerges from the Fade unscathed whilst others die. The Inquisitor is then tasked with leading the Inquisition to investigate the tears and put an end to the chaos.
Character creation Edit
Race selection determines the Inquisitor's background.
- Qunari: A Vashoth Qunari who was never introduced to the Qun. Regardless of the player's chosen class, all Qunari Inquisitors are members of the Valo-kas mercenary company and are sent to the Chantry conclave as hired security. Qunari Inquisitors receive 50 extra HP points upon character creation.
- Dwarf: A surface dwarf and member of House Cadash, a prominent family within the Carta. They are sent to the Chantry conclave as a spy. Dwarven Inquisitors receive a 25% bonus to magic defense upon character creation.
- Elf: As a warrior or rogue, the elven Inquisitor is a Dalish Hunter. If a mage, he or she is First to the Lavellan clan's Keeper. All elven Inquisitors are sent to the Chantry conclave by the Keeper to spy on the proceedings. Elven Inquisitors receive a 25% bonus to ranged defense upon character creation.
- Human: A member of the noble Trevelyan family from Ostwick in the Free Marches. The Trevelyan family has close ties with the Templar Order and warrior and rogue Inquisitors were raised to be devout and loyal Andrastians (though they do not necessarily have to relish this role). They are sent to the Chantry conclave to aid their family in the proceedings. Human mages lived a cloistered, protected life in the Ostwick Circle before the Templars attempted to kill him or her, forcing them to flee and join the mage delegation at the Chantry conclave. Human Inquisitors receive one extra ability point upon character creation.
Voice sets Edit
The Inquisitor is a voiced protagonist. However, unlike with Hawke, the player is able to choose the sound of the protagonist's voice, with two voices available for both genders: one with a British accent and one with an American accent.
Last name Edit
A default name is offered according to the background and gender, but this can be changed to whatever the player chooses.
- Qunari – Kaaras
- Qunari – Herah
Unique powers Edit
The Inquisitor possesses a unique ability to manipulate the Fade that manifests itself in green light around the Inquisitor's hands, as seen in the "Inquisitor Trailer" and the game's cover. As of now, no specific details have been given regarding these unique powers.
In a recent demo at Gamescom 2014 with Cameron Lee, one power was highlighted. Mark of the Rift will be an area attack that can banish all demons in the affected range. This power, however, cannot be used all the time, though no information on how often the ability can be used, or what circumstances have to be in place in order for it to be used.
- ↑ The Inquisitor trailer
- ↑ EA Gamescom Press conference 2014
- ↑ Dragon Age: Inquisition - Live Demo Gameplay, shown at E3
- ↑ Alix Wilton Regan Twitter
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Raptr Q&A: Dragon Age: Inquisition developers about voice actors
- ↑ Gaider, David. "Game Informer's September cover is DA: Inquisition!". BioWare Social Network.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 GameStar magazine, April 2014 issue
- ↑ Dragon Age: Inquisition Developer Interview with BioWare's Cameron Lee - AusGamers.com 23rd April, 2014
- ↑ Will you be able to play as Tal-vashoth specifically? Bioware Social Network.
- ↑ http://forum.bioware.com/topic/399000-the-dai-twitter-thread-raptr-qa-session-descends-into-utter-madness/?p=16907370
- ↑ Interview with David Gaider
- ↑ Mike Laidlaw's Twitter 3rd April, 2014
- ↑ RAPTR Q&A with the BioWare devs
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Mary Kirby Twitter.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IxQVc_AM10
- ↑ Gaider, David (August 20, 2013). ""The Inquisitor Himself" (To all of you who don't want to read before you comment, no this thread does not doubt in ANY way that we will be able to play as a female protagonist. It simply asks for equal marketing.)" . BioWare Social Network. Retrieved on August 28, 2013.
- ↑ Matt Rhodes art blog