Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- “The first of the magus cast themselves deep in the Fade in search of answers and power, always power. They found the forbidden ones – Xebenkeck, Imshael, Gaxkang the Unbound, and The Formless One. Many conversations were had and much of the fabric of the world revealed. And thus the magic of blood was born.” ―Unknown mage
The Forbidden Ones are a group of four unique and very powerful ancient demons. It is said that they are older than the darkspawn and the Tevinter Imperium. Some scholars think that they were the ones who taught the Magisters blood magic.
The Forbidden OnesEdit
Dragon Age: OriginsEdit
- See Unbound.
Dragon Age IIEdit
- See Forbidden Knowledge.
Xebenkeck is the end encounter of the Forbidden Knowledge questline. In that quest, five tomes are encountered and if they are destroyed (reading or taking the tomes prevents you from completing this quest), a new location appears in Darktown, where the final tome and an encounter with Xebenkeck await. As of patch 1.04, this final tome may be read and the quest still completed, giving the +2 attribute points (Tome of the Mortal Vessel) and acting as if all books were destroyed.
When the tome is read, Xebenkeck appears for a difficult fight consisting of two waves of enemies. Two rage demons, several abominations (Nightmare difficulty), and Xebenkeck (which heals them) will appear immediately. Two more rage demons, several more abominations (Nightmare), and a Revenant will also spawn as soon as Xebenkeck or a rage demon from the first wave is defeated. Only by defeating all of them is the "Exorcist" achievement or trophy awarded, and some treasure appears in the room. Xebenkeck itself drops the staff Voracity, a powerful fire staff that boosts attack and blood magic.If Xebenkeck and the rage demons are defeated sufficiently far from the tome room (they can be kited back to the entrance of the cavern without issue) the party will drop out of combat. Again, however, the remaining guards in the tome room must be defeated before the achievement or trophy is granted.
Dragon Age: The Masked EmpireEdit
Dragon Age: InquisitionEdit
Imshael reappears at Emprise du Lion and is encountered in the quest Call Me Imshael. Ser Michel is still pursuing him and asks the Inquisitor to help him defeat the demon. Imshael has taken up residence in the Suledin Keep and is assisting Corypheus in cultivating red lyrium. He is assisted by red templars.
When the Inquisitor confronts Imshael, the demon offers a deal to the Inquisitor:
- If the Inquisitor accepts the deal, Imshael kills Michel which prevents the chevalier from being recruited to the Inquisition.
- If the Inquisitor chooses to fight, Imshael battles the Inquisitor, taking the shape of fear, rage, and pride demons until he is killed.
- The Seekers of Truth in Kirkwall secretly created the Band of Three to investigate, among other things, whether the Forgotten Ones in elven lore are connected to the Forbidden Ones in other works. The note left by the last surviving member of the team calls Xebenkeck, one of the Forbidden Ones, "the Forgotten One, or demon or whatever it is" and urges to destroy him.
- In each game, one of the Forbidden Ones had appeared as an optional boss, being defeated by the protagonist.
- ↑ Codex entry: Vir Dirthara: Exile of the Forbidden Ones
- ↑ Dragon Age: The World of Thedas, vol. 2, p. 165