The quest begins when you examine all of the four piles of rubble scattered across Caridin's Cross. Each one of them will also update the Codex entry: The Crosscut Drifters.
- Find all four piles:
- In a large cave across the bridge to the north-west, near all the genlocks and the ogre.
- This codex update starts as: "Rogan cut"
- Near the western exit of Caridin's Cross.
- This codex update starts as: "We can no longer tolerate"
- At the T-crossroad in the very middle of the map which has now turned into a fort by a number of darkspawn.
- This codex update starts as: "We found trouble"
- In the large cavern with the deepstalkers, where you also fight a deepstalker matriarch. The cave is the easternmost point on the map, and the rubble is behind a column wall on the south side of the room.
- This codex update starts as: "Fools and renegades"
- After finding your fourth pile, a crate appears (and will be marked as a point of interest on your map) in a small tunnel behind the cavern of an ogre alpha. Open the container to complete the quest. Note that it will not appear in the map if you have not visited the location before, unless you have Plot Assistance set to Show all plots helpers in area under Gameplay options.
Rewards EditEffort's Gloves
Silverite (Tier 6)
Requires: 38 strength
+1 strength, part of the Effort armor set Thorn of the Dead Gods
Varies (Tier 2, 3 or 6)
Requires: 12 dexterity (Tier 2)
14 dexterity (Tier 3)
26 dexterity (Tier 6)
Damage: 4.40 (Tier 2)
4.80 (Tier 3)
6.00 (Tier 6)
Critical chance: 3.30% (Tier 2)
3.60% (Tier 3)
4.50% (Tier 6)
Armor penetration: 4.60 (Tier 2)
5.20 (Tier 3)
7.00 (Tier 6)
Strength modifier: 0.85
+2 armor penetration
+1 armor penetration
+3 armor penetration
Ring of the Warrior
This is gold, covered in elven script. Whatever the writing says, it's awfully wordy.
- Random leveled armor and weapons.
- To make it easier to find the rubble piles, walk while highlighting objects; the default keys are [Tab] on the pc, [L2] on the ps3, and the [D-Pad] on the xbox360.
- You can navigate more quickly using the Swarm form of the Shapeshifter, or by using the Haste spell, or by using a Swift Salve.
- If you are a Warrior, have the Warden's Keep DLC and made use of the mage's research, you can use Blood Thirst to make your character move quicker.
- Some players report being unable to complete the quest after leaving the area.
- The cache may not be marked on your map after finding the notes, but it will still be there behind the Ogre Alpha, in the X marked spot in the map.