—From Codex entry: Alienage Culture
Dragon Age: Origins Edit
- See City Elf Origin for information about who and what can be found at this location during the origin story.
After the origin story, the Alienage is closed off because of rumoured unrest until fairly late in the campaign against the Blight. Only sometime after Arl Eamon Guerrin calls the Landsmeet will the Warden be able to investigate the Unrest in the Alienage.
Several years after the Blight, the Alienage fell under the leadership of Shianni. It was the only area of Denerim that continued to lag behind, its buildings still little more than shacks that had fallen into disrepair.
The Darkspawn Chronicles Edit
The Denerim Alienage is the location for the third main quest in The Darkspawn Chronicles, Raze the Alienage. There, the Archdemon commands you to burn the alienage to the ground and kill all of the surviving elves.
City Elf Origin EditA Day for Celebration
Dragon Age: Origins EditUnrest in the Alienage Fazzil's Request (in the Run-Down Apartments) Grease the Wheels Hearing Voices Places of Power Scraping the Barrel Something Wicked
The Darkspawn Chronicles Edit
Main quest Edit
Side quests EditBurn the Vhenadahl Slaughter the Elves
- Alarith, in his store.
- Cyrion potentially returns to his home at conclusion of Unrest in the Alienage.
- Elder Valendrian potentially returns to his home at conclusion of Unrest in the Alienage.
- Haggard Human, only when first visited. He is being harassed by several elf thugs. After the Warden appears, the thugs flee. There is a single multiple choice dialogue option, while the human's responses will heavily vary based on the origin of the Warden. Afterwards, the haggard human leaves.
- Elf Guard, involved in the quest Unrest in the Alienage.
- Healer Saritor, involved in the quest Unrest in the Alienage.
- Healer Veras, involved in the quest Unrest in the Alienage.
- Hooded Courier, when on the quest Grease the Wheels.
- Ser Otto, can start the quest Something Wicked.
- Shianni, involved in the quest Unrest in the Alienage, first time talking to can yield Codex entry: Valendrian.
- Soris, in Cyrion's Home if not in Arl of Denerim's Estate - Dungeon
- Starved Veteran, a city elf beggar.
- Varel Baern, when on the quest Scraping the Barrel.
- Deranged Beggar, when on the quest Something Wicked and Hearing Voices.
- Tevinter Guards, involved in the quest Unrest in the Alienage.
- Soldier, involved in the quest Unrest in the Alienage.
There are no hostile characters when the Warden enters the area, though it is possible that a fight can break out during the investigation into the Unrest in the Alienage.
- Tevinter Soldiers - Human - Warrior (Ranged)
- Tevinter Soldiers - Human - Warrior (Melee)
Notable items EditDeathroot
A harmless enough plant on its own, deathroot's thick leaves contain an extract that the Chasind have used to induce hallucinations for centuries. Sufficiently concentrated, it can be made into a deadly poison.
Varies (Tier 4-7)
Requires: 18 dexterity
Critical chance: 3.90%
Armor penetration: 5.80
Strength modifier: 0.85
+6 damage vs. beasts
+5% melee critical chance
+10% critical/backstab damage
+1 nature damage, source: Cyrion (City Elf only) Tevinter Enchanter's Robes
This robe was crafted in Tevinter and few of its kind are seen outside its borders. Refined lyrium has been woven into its fabric, giving it properties not found in common robes.
+0.5/+1 mana regeneration in combat
+10% chance to dodge attacks, source: Tevinter healers Andraste's Grace
A small white wildflower, commonly known as Andraste's Grace.
Special objects Edit
- Mystical Site of Power
- Landmark Tree
- Various official notices banning elves from carrying weapons. Bearing arms is strictly prohibited: Elves who have swords will die upon them.
- Locked door to Valendrian's Home can be picked for 40 xp.
- Sign Alienage Tree yielding Codex entry: Vhenadahl: The Tree of the People
- Pile of blood (Can be clicked when on the quest Something Wicked)
- Feral Dog (Can be clicked when on the quest Something Wicked)