Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There is evidence that the Legion of the Dead could be connected with the noble House Ferald and, should the Warden complete the quest, it is thus probable that the Legion will be elevated to minor nobility.
- Five items must be acquired to complete this quest -- all of which are located within the Dead Trenches area of the Deep Roads. Three of the five pieces are different components of the Legion of the Dead armor set, the other is the Helm of the Legion and the final one is the Dead Caste Insignia. Each piece's number is based on the row that it is found, provided that you start collecting the pieces from the entrance and onwards.
- The Boots of the Legion are in a sarcophagus in the room immediately to the left of the tunnel exit from the first bridge area where the Legionnaires are fighting the darkspawn.
- The Gloves of the Legion are in a sarcophagus in the room containing a fire-breathing dwarven statue trap directly opposite from the boots.
- The Armor of the Legion is in a sarcophagus in the room with the skeletons
- The Helm of the Legion is in the Legionnaire Altar within the Legionnaire Shrine. Once taken the Legion spirits will turn hostile.
- After all four pieces have been acquired, the codex will reveal a location found inside the tunnel leading up to the Broodmother. Obtain the Dead Caste Insignia from the coffin.
- Finally, return to the Orzammar Shaperate to interact with the "Memories" book on your right-hand side of the room, near the Shaperate Scribe. Once this is done, you receive 100 XP.
The Gangue Shade Edit
Donning the entire set of armor is required to summon the Gangue shade. When the armor set along with the helm is equipped on any party member, activate the Legion of the Dead Relic which is found in the center of the mausoleum the very room from which the helmet was obtained.This will summon the Gangue shade, which appears to be a fairly garden-variety shade which the dwarves believe to be the corrupt part of the Stone. When defeated it may drop Chainmail. The encounter does not trigger a quest or journal entry; however, interacting with the Legion of the Dead Relic will unlock Codex entry: The Gangue Shade even if the Legion of the Dead armor is not equipped.
- 100 XP
Dragonbone (Tier 7)
Set: +3 damage
Set: +3 constitution