Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Crossroads are a separate dimension beyond the waking world and beyond the Fade. It is described as one of the "places between," pockets within the Fade with their own rules of reality formed by ancient elves from the fabric of time and space. Its true name was lost to time, and Morrigan coined its current designation. The Crossroads were the means by which ancient elves traveled.
Some of the eluvians in the Crossroads were left unlocked, but most were sealed by ancient elves during the infighting to prevent sudden attacks. Currently the place is deteriorating, and eventually it will collapse on itself. Modern elves experience the Crossroads differently from other races: the colours are brighter and the trees are in bloom. Elves find the place welcoming while humans suffer physical discomfort from the twisting light and the insistent noise.
In 9:44 Dragon the Qunari have gained control over a part of the eluvian network, and are using the Crossroads to facilitate their invasion to Southern Thedas. They stumbled across it independently.
After finding a dead Qunari in the Winter Palace during the Exalted Council, the Inquisitor follows the blood trail and discovers an active eluvian. The Crossroads appear less hazy than two years ago and are made of islands floating in the space with no bottom. Mysterious red items allow to recreate paths between the ledges and gain access to more eluvians as the story progresses.After the defeat of the Qunari plot, is it revealed that Briala has lost control of her eluvian network, and that now the Crossroads are under sole control of Fen'Harel.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Dialogue between the Inquisitor and Morrigan in the Crossroads in Dragon Age: Inquisition.
- ↑ As evidenced by the eluvians leading from the Darvaarad to the Elven Ruins and connecting parts of the same locations in Trespasser.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Dragon Age: The Masked Empire, Chapter 14
- ↑ According to Morrigan in the end of Witch Hunt.
- ↑ According to Morrigan if she was chosen in the Temple of Mythal and her ritual was never performed.
- ↑ Trespasser, see the image in the gallery and the first banter upon entering the Crossroads in the DLC.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 As explained by Solas in the Trespasser.
- ↑ According to the notes found near the eluvian leading to the Shattered Library.