Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Black Vials are six small glass phylacteries that can be found around Ferelden. The area around them is unnaturally cold. Dark shapes swirl around a slip of paper within each vial. When the Warden takes a vial, the glass fractures and releases a hostile revenant. Upon their death, each revenant drops a scrap of vellum that updates the Codex entry: The Black Vials.
The vials may be taken in any order.
- Cale Viazagat, The First Corpse Walker:
- Nethamas Bigal, The Second Corpse Walker:
- Glass phylactery in a room in Orzammar Royal Palace (the eastern-most room/kitchen).
- Argruth Massaad, The Third Corpse Walker:
- Glass phylactery near the centre of Caridin's Cross (see map to right).
- Quametha Kagat, The Fourth Corpse Walker:
- Shamas Goodson, The Fifth Corpse Walker:
- Glass phylactery in Werewolf Lair, the top left room in the middle of the map.
- Anton Wither, The Sixth Corpse Walker:
- Glass phylactery in one of the Back Alley random encounters in Denerim. In this encounter you start on a stone platform up a set of steps and the glass phylactery is on the platform with you. It is the same encounter during which bandits trap one of your party members by dropping a portcullis that must be lifted using a lever. (This vial can only be found during this one and only random encounter, so be sure to pick it up!)
XP and loot dropped by revenants:
Silverite (Tier 6)
Requires: 30 strength
Strength modifier: 1.00
+1/+2 stamina regeneration in combat Emerald Ring
The gemstone in this ring is so ostentatiously large, it can probably be seen from half a league away.