Find a glass phylactery at any of the specified locations
Destroy all six Corpse Walkers
The Black Vials are six glass phylacteries that can be found around Ferelden and can be tackled in any order. Each is a small glass vial which contains dark shapes which swirl around a slip of paper. When The Warden takes a vial, it fractures and releases the Revenant trapped in stasis. Each Black Vials Revenant drops a scrap of vellum that, when burned, is added to the Codex entry: The Black Vials.
- Cale Viazagat, The First Corpse Walker:
- Nethamas Bigal, The Second Corpse Walker:
- Glass Phylactery in back room in Orzammar Royal Palace - Eastern-most room / kitchen.
- Argruth Massaad, The Third Corpse Walker:
- Glass Phylactery near the centre of Caridin's Cross (see map to right).
- Quametha Kagat, The Fourth Corpse Walker:
- Shamas Goodson, The Fifth Corpse Walker:
- Glass Phylactery in Werewolf Lair, the top left room in the middle of the map.
- Anton Wither, The Sixth Corpse Walker:
- Glass Phylactery in one of the Back Alley random encounters in Denerim. In this encounter you start on a stone platform up a set of steps and the Glass Phylactery is on the platform with you. It is the same encounter during which bandits trap one of your party members by dropping a portcullis that must be lifted using a lever. (This vial can only be found during this one and only random encounter, so be sure to pick it up!)
- Complete Codex entry: The Black Vials.
- EXP and loot dropped by Revenants, which may include the Dead Coat of Arms shield.