It appears only if you have The Black Emporium DLC.
A strange and secret shop, owned by Xenon the Antiquarian, a mysterious character who is immortal, though his body was not so lucky. He once asked for never-ending life but not never-ending youth. This caused his body to decay and break down. He has been alive for over 400 years and acquired many artifacts. The entrance to his residence is only given to those who seem worthy.
- Xenon the Antiquarian, the immortal owner
- Emporium Golem, known as Thaddeus Gigantus Crumbum the Third, a stone golem that presumably serves as a bouncer
- Urchin Child, Xenon's mute orphan assistant
Notable items Edit
Inside a "Discarded Weapons and Armor" chest:
Requires: Dual Weapon
Damage: 13 physical damage
(24 per second)
Requires: 16 dexterity
+5% critical chance
+298 electricity resistance
Requires: 16 strength
Requires: 16 magic
+1 health regeneration rate
+1 mana/stamina regeneration rate
Requires: Level 5
+2% damage resistance
- The store is restocked with better items as you progress through the story.
- The recipes of The Black Emporium are unique and can be bought only here.
- He also possesses the Mirror of Transformation, which allows you to change your appearance.
- Crafting resources missed in previous acts will show up here and count towards your available resources for crafting, they will count for the Supplier achievement.
- Unlike the other stores in the game, The Black Emporium is always open and can be accessed at any time you wish, including post-game.
- Xenon possesses a personal Stone Golem named "Thaddeus Gigantus Crumbum the Third" (his favorite) and a strangely silent child who he says is not for sale.
- Xenon makes a reference to Professor Dumbledore from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series when you first access the Emporium's Relics and Antiques. He mentions that "one can never have enough socks", as did Professor Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
- If you walk near the red box situated in the top right part of the map you will hear screams which is Codex entry: The Box of Screaming
- There is a nude statue of Andraste, and when you interact with it, Xenon will say "Don't fondle Andraste!".
- Next to a strange book which apparently writes itself, called The Emergent Compendium, you find a letter with excerpts from it. The "gibberish" that is quoted is actually a simple cipher. Replace each letter with the one three steps ahead in the English alphabet, and read backwards. The comment about the wife is noteworthy. A picture of a Qunari without horns and with tightly braided hair is mentioned. This could possibly be a reference to Sten from Dragon Age: Origins.