It appears only if you have The Black Emporium DLC.
The Black Emporium is a shop, owned by Xenon the Antiquarian, an eccentric and immortal character. Xenon once made a deal with a witch for eternal life but forgot to ask for eternal youth. This caused his body to decay. He has been alive for at least 300 years and has acquired many artifacts. The entrance to his emporium is only given to those he deems worthy.
- Xenon the Antiquarian, the immortal owner and merchant
- Emporium Golem, known as Thaddeus Gigantus Crumbum the Third, a Stone golem that provides security
- Urchin Child, Xenon's mute orphan assistant
Notable items Edit
Inside the "Discarded Weapons and Armor" chest:Song of Sorrows
Requires: Dual Weapon
Damage: 13 physical damage
(24 per second)
+27 attack Ancient Leather Cuirass
Requires: 16 dexterity
+5% critical chance
+298 electricity resistance Helm of Appreciation
Requires: 16 strength
+3 armor Gloves of the Unknowable Unknown
Requires: 16 magic
+1 health regeneration rate
+1 mana/stamina regeneration rate Ring of Unheeded Wisdom
Requires: Level 5
+2% damage resistance
Codex entries EditCodex entry: Xenon the Antiquarian, by clicking on Xenon, any act
Act 1 EditCodex entry: Andraste in Nude Repose - Invisible Codex entry: The Box of Screaming Codex entry: A Vessel of Tears
Act 2 EditCodex entry: Crate of Live Death Watch Beetles Codex entry: Velvet Cailan
Act 3 EditCodex entry: Broken Dowsing Rods - No Refunds Codex entry: Chest of Unanswered Invitations Codex entry: The Emergent Compendium
Special objects Edit
- The emporium's stores are restocked with better items as you progress through the game.
- The recipes of The Black Emporium are unique and can be bought only here.
- Crafting resources missed in previous acts will show up here and count toward your available resources for crafting, and they will count for the Supplier achievement.
- Unlike the other stores in the game, The Black Emporium is always open and can be accessed at any time you wish, including post-game.
- Brother Ferdinand Genitivi is a customer of The Black Emporium.
- The Dragon Age II: The Complete Official Guide mentions that you can sell your items at The Black Emporium for 125% of their value, but instead you can sell your items for normal price and purchase items from the emporium for 125% of their value.
- Xenon makes a reference to Professor Dumbledore from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series when you first access the Emporium's Relics and Antiques. Xenon mentions that "you can never have enough socks," as did Professor Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
- If you walk near the red box situated in the top right part of the map, you can hear the screams the box contains.
- When you interact with the nude statue, Xenon will say, "Please don't fondle Andraste."