It appears only if you have The Black Emporium DLC.
The Black Emporium is a shop, owned by Xenon the Antiquarian, an eccentric and immortal character. Xenon once made a deal with a witch for eternal life but forgot to ask for eternal youth. This caused his body to decay. He has been alive for at least 300 years and has acquired many artifacts. The entrance to his emporium is only given to those he deems worthy.
- Xenon the Antiquarian, the immortal owner and merchant
- Emporium Golem, known as Thaddeus Gigantus Crumbum the Third, a Stone golem that provides security
- Urchin Child, Xenon's mute orphan assistant
Notable items Edit
Inside the "Discarded Weapons and Armor" chest:Song of Sorrows
Requires: Dual Weapon
Damage: 13 physical damage
(24 per second)
+27 attack Ancient Leather Cuirass
Requires: 16 dexterity
+5% critical chance
+298 electricity resistance Helm of Appreciation
Requires: 16 strength
+3 armor Gloves of the Unknowable Unknown
Requires: 16 magic
+1 health regeneration rate
+1 mana/stamina regeneration rate Ring of Unheeded Wisdom
Requires: Level 5
+2% damage resistance
Codex entries EditCodex entry: Xenon the Antiquarian, by clicking on Xenon, any act
Act 1 EditCodex entry: Andraste in Nude Repose - Invisible Codex entry: The Box of Screaming Codex entry: A Vessel of Tears
Act 2 EditCodex entry: Crate of Live Death Watch Beetles Codex entry: Velvet Cailan
Act 3 EditCodex entry: Broken Dowsing Rods - No Refunds Codex entry: Chest of Unanswered Invitations Codex entry: The Emergent Compendium
Special objects Edit
- The emporium's stores are restocked with better items as the game progresses.
- The recipes of The Black Emporium are unique and can be bought only here.
- Crafting resources missed in previous acts will show up here and count toward the available resources for crafting and also toward the Supplier achievement.
- Unlike the other stores in the game, The Black Emporium is always open and can be accessed at any time, including post-game.
- Brother Ferdinand Genitivi is a customer of The Black Emporium.
- Dragon Age II: The Complete Official Guide mentions that items can be sold at The Black Emporium for 125% of their value, but instead items are sold at normal price and items purchased from the emporium are 125% of their value.
- Xenon makes a reference to Professor Dumbledore from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series when you first access the Emporium's Relics and Antiques. Xenon mentions that "you can never have enough socks," as did Professor Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
- The red box situated in the top right part of the map screams when it is passed by.
- When interacting with the nude statue, Xenon says, "Please don't fondle Andraste."
- Stepping over to where the Nude Statue of Andraste is located will cause Xenon to cry out as if in pain, likely due to the priceless item being knocked over.