Unravel the mystery behind the sapient darkspawn
- The leader of the attack on Vigil's Keep was more cunning than any darkspawn ever encountered. Seneschal Varel, Captain Garevel, and Mistress Woolsey are all knowledgeable about the region's affairs, and may be able to offer leads relating to darkspawn activity.
Speak to Captain Garevel
- Captain Garevel is in charge of the Vigil's defense. he may know something about the darkspawn attacks.
Speak to Seneschal Varel
- Varel, the Seneschal of Vigil's Keep, said he needed to speak to you about urgent business. He will be inside the keep attending to its operation.
Speak to Mistress Woolsey
- Speak to Mistress Woolsey she is in charge of the arling's treasury and trade.
Fight the darkspawn army
- A vast darkspawn army is attacking the Arling, unless the Grey Wardens can defeat them, none of the people you have been entrusted to protect will survive.
Quests that can be done in any order
- Speaking with Captain Garevel will get you the quest Last of the Legion.
- Speaking with Mistress Woolsey will get you the quest The Righteous Path.
- Speaking with Seneschal Varel will get you the quest Shadows of the Blackmarsh.
Note: The next location to visit for all three quests (and, appears at this point on the world map) is the City of Amaranthine, so be sure to activate all of them before leaving the throne room.
- Following these three main quests is either The Assault on Amaranthine or The Siege of Vigil's Keep, but not both.
- Depths of Depravity is the final assault on the Mother's lair.
- pc The quest that requires you to speak to Mistress Woolsey will appear to be incomplete in the quest log even though you have already spoken to her and obtained The Righteous Path quest. As of PC V1.05, this is still prevalent. Talk with Seneschal Varel after Oaths of Fealty ceremony and ask about Kristoff again. This will update the quest journal properly. To prevent the bug from the start, talk to Mistress Woolsey first, and then, the other two.