The tavern does not serve casteless. Furthermore, it is also known that it shares some ties with the Carta when it was under leadership of Beraht, since the owner of the tavern found in the Dwarf Commoner Origin allows the Dwarf Commoner to find one of Tapster's current customers and kill him.
Unlike other taverns and inns in Ferelden, the Warden can't trade in Tapster's. However, there are several characters here that they can talk to. The Warden can talk to Corra and order some drinks, either an ale for 2 copper, some mead for 3 copper or order the best brew for your whole party for 1 silver and 20 copper. This does not seem to have any effects except losing money however.
Dwarven Drinking Song Edit
The Warden can also listen to a dwarven drinking song here:
- "Ooohh, I've heard of dwarves who get in fights 'bout every time they drink,
- And those who need to have a woman just to help them think,
- And if you want to see a dwarf whine and beg and plead,
- Just pour out all his ale and take away his mead!
- There's never been a Paragon of Wisdom or of Thinking,
- And though I tried a time or two, I ne'r got raised for stinking,
- But hang around here long enough and don't you go a blinking,
- 'Cuz someday I am gonna be the Paragon of Drinking!"
- Corra: The bartender of Tapster's.
- Oghren: A future companion who will show up after receiving the A Lord's Trust: The Second Task or A Prince's Favor: The Second Task)
- Ordel: He is the father of Zerlinda and involved in the quest Zerlinda's Woe. He will only show up when this quest is activated and the Warden chooses to talk to him.
- Dulin: The second to Lord Pyral Harrowmont, he will be there if The Warden won at the Provings as part of the quest A Lord's Trust: The First Task and he can lead the Warden to speak with Harrowmont.
- Nervous Adventurer: He is yielding a note Codex entry: Unbound see Unbound.
- Tapster's Patron: Other dwarves spending their time in the tavern.
Dwarf Commoner Origin Edit
- Oskias: A surface dwarf working as a smuggler who is involved in Beraht's Favor quest.
- Tapster's Patron: Other dwarves spending their time in the tavern. Most of them won't be pleased to speak to a casteless dwarf.
Companion remarks Edit
- Leliana: (first entering) "I once drank a thimble of dwarven ale. Woke up a week later in Jader wearing nothing but my shoes and a towel.