Resistance and Legion of the Dead Edit
The resistance to magic is from exposure to lyrium (80% sure). Also, shouldn't there be a seperate page for the Leigon of the Dead? Jackimole 00:08, February 21, 2010 (UTC)
Natural resistance to magic Edit
The page said that dwarves could not be mages because of their natural resistence to magic. The developers have said it's their lack of connection to the Fade (they also don't go there when they sleep) that does it. They included the magical resistence as a 'bonus' for players, though in-setting, that's due to their lack of connection as well. Maria Caliban 07:25, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
Duplicating from the official wiki Edit
There is a lot of good information on the Official DA Wiki that is not necessarily here. Do we want to duplicate things? I have duplicated a few that I thought would best enhance the information here, but I am not sure how far to take it. Suggestions? --Adaram 02:53, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- The last time I check, the majority of information on the Official DA:O wiki was the same information we have, only said through a character in the setting. I know they're updating it though, so if you find information we lack, feel free to update the wiki with it. :) Maria Caliban 03:10, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
Humans and dwarves Edit
did the humans and dwarves ever fight each other? I think I remember hearing something about the humans and dwarves having a war with each other but I can't remember where.
- Not that I'm aware of. The constant war against the darkspawn is the only significant fighting that the dwarves were involved in (from what I've read :)). Loleil 00:38, October 4, 2009 (UTC)
Chantry in Orzammar Edit
during the credits it states that the dwarf priest who wanted to found a chantry is killed after he succeeds and the chantry was going to start a crusade againts orzammar
Any reason we don't see dwarf children, i see elf and human once in a while but not dwarves
The Common Tongue Edit
While browsing, I found an interesting thread on Social - BioWare where Mr. Gaider said "The common tongue actually comes from the dwarves. They introduced trade and currency to humanity."
- I thought Thedas english was a descendant of Tevinter, which was a descendant of elvish ... O.O
- I vote Yes to add this to trivia. --SylvanLore (talk) 11:48, May 3, 2012 (UTC)
Trading relationships Edit
The article says that there's evidence of trading relationships with the Arlathan elves in the trivia section, yet there's nothing in the trivia section along those lines.
Best I can figure, it's talking about Cadash Thaig.
Just in case anyone was wondering, the split proposal is sort of at Forum:Book excerpts. The idea is to group codex entries (whether they are found in-game or elsewhere). The dwarves section will be identified. --D. (talk · contr) 17:11, January 20, 2012 (UTC)
or has there been a debate already? Edit
does anyone want to defend the notion that the dwarven caste system is "complex"? between the accident/sponsorship of birth and/or the perpetration of exceptional deeds by which one might 'rise up', i haven't seen any depiction of it as inherently complicated - quite the contrary. it would be unsurprising to learn that particularly elitist nobles and shapers carve out a more intricate hierarchy for purposes of matchmaking, sniping and so on, but unless there's an eye-opening canon-novel (or even some bad-ass fanfic) to which i am not hip (entirely possible, i am way behind on both), consider this a suggestion for "complex" to be stricken from the record. i might even go after "interrelated". actually, i want to renovate several bits of that opening sentence, but i'll wait until there's a consensus/ruling on this ~complex~ thing :) Yeti magi (talk) 20:34, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
- for that matter, what does "the very top" mean that "the top" doesn't? reminds me of 'chiefest' - i won't deny waxing poetical on occasion, but a treatment of culture isn't oratory... is it? Yeti magi (talk) 20:38, July 2, 2012 (UTC)
Symbol of all dwarves Edit
I think the symbol of all dwarves is the mark on the gate to Orzammar, it could be extracted from picture below.
- Why do you think that this is the symbol of all the dwarves? Also I'm not sure which exactly mark you're referring to. 01:17, July 1, 2013 (UTC)