Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tainted Blood is a main quest which requires the Warden to provide the materials needed for the mysterious Joining Ritual of the Grey Wardens. To proceed in the Joining, Duncan tasks his recruits (and Alistair) with gathering three vials of darkspawn blood from the Korcari Wilds.
- Leave Ostagar and enter the Korcari Wilds.
- As you progress through the area, you should encounter numerous Genlocks and Hurlocks. Some of them will drop a Vial of Darkspawn Blood upon being killed.
- Once you have also found The Grey Wardens' Cache, return to Ostagar.
- It will now be dusk, including the following changes:
- You can now pick up Codex entry: Dogs in Ferelden from a Note in one of the now accessible empty kennels. (Human Nobles acquire it prior to Ostagar.)
- The Tranquil mage has now moved away from the Circle chest, allowing you to complete The Hungry Deserter side quest. Do not do this if you have the Return to Ostagar DLC and wish to obtain the Corrupted Magister's Staff.
- The Quartermaster's inventory has been restocked, allowing you to purchase a second Backpack. You may also steal a second Hardy's Belt from him.
- Several stealing targets, including Duncan, can now be pickpocketed a second time.
- A deathroot south of the King's Highway map marker is added.
- If you have also found the Grey Wardens' Cache and retrieved the Ancient Treaties, you are now ready for the Joining ritual.
- You, Daveth, and Ser Jory will be taken to the ruined temple (where you first met Alistair) and put through the Joining.
- You will be rewarded with XP and an additional spell or talent.
- Duncan will ask you to follow him to meet with King Cailan, and you will receive the quest After the Joining.
- See Exploits for information about an infinite experience bug in some versions of the game.
- Ser Jory is equipped with a longsword during the Joining cutscene, no matter what he is equipped with before the scene, and even if he is stripped of all weapons. After the cutscene, this longsword will be added to the inventory along with the rest of his equipment.