- “A spirit trapped within a tree, no mouth to scream or eyes to see. A cage of bark, a prison of wood. A thing of rage where nature stood.” ―The Grand Oak
In forests where the Veil is thin "Wild Sylvans" can appear, trees possessed by spirits or demons. Though Sylvans can retain some of the intelligence and memories of the possessing spirit, they exhibit only a smattering of intelligence and an extreme jealousy of other living things. They usually attack any who enter their domain, swinging their branches as though fists, enveloping the living in their roots, or uprooting themselves briefly to walk usually slowly, however in some cases they are extremely quick. Sylvans are heavily resistant to physical damage.
- Sylvans were used by Flemeth in the Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne and the Penny Arcane Dragon Age comic.
- Sylvans are most likely a reference to Ents from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings trilogy, and surrounding mythos.
See also Edit
- ↑ Such as the Sylvan used by Flemeth to wrap Loghain in Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne.
- ↑ Dragon Age in Penny Arcade