The Storm Coast is a region in Ferelden located in the north western portion of the country.
The Storm Coast has become the home to a troublesome group of religious inspired bandits, the Blades of Hessarian. There have also been reports of darkspawn sightings in the area and for some reason a number of boats with Templar Order insignia have washed up along the shore.
- Apostate's Landing
- Driftwood Margin
- Great Cove
- Hessarian Camp
- Long River
- Morrin's Outlook
- Small Grove
- Storm's Solitude
- Waterfall Cave
Additional places Edit
Inquisition camps Edit
- Driftwood Margin Camp
- Small Grove Camp
- Storm's Solitude
- Main article: Quests (Inquisition)
- Main article: Fade rift
- Main article: Requisitions
War Table Operations Edit
- Main article: War Table
Astrariums EditAstrariums on the Coast Vintage: Warden Anras - South-east of "Small Grove Camp", on top of the cliff overlooking "Long River" (north side of the river). Vintage: Warden Riordan - In a hut east of "Driftwood Margin Camp", where items for Memories of the Grey and Wardens of the Coast are found.
High Dragons Edit
- Dwarven Banner Crown - Located in a room close to where you fight the Behemoth in Daerwin's Mouth. (Can also be acquired in the "Burial Grounds" tomb in the Hissing Wastes)
- Free Marches Banner Crown - Found in the Astrarium Cave.
Codex entry: The Storm Coast's Claim - On a hill on the south side of the Long River in the Storm Coast: On the ground next to a vase filled with arrows overlooking the river. The spot is almost directly south of the cave icon next to Small Grove Camp
- Blades of Hessarian (Initially hostile; will become allies if recruited as agents)
- Giant Spiders
- Rebel Mage (boss. Apostate's Landing random spawn)
- Red Templars
- Red Templar
- Red Templar Marksman
- Red Templar Guard
- Red Templar Shadow
- Red Templar Horror
- Red Templar Knight
- Venatori (Only during Demands of the Qun quest)
Crafting materials Edit
Herbs EditBlack Lotus
Tier 1 Rare Herb
Tier 1 Common Herb
Tier 2 Common Herb
Tier 1 Common Herb
Tier 2 Rare Herb
Tier 1 Common Herb
Leather EditBear Hide
Notable items Edit
- Inside "Waterfall Cave" at the far south-east of the map.
- In Daerwin's Mouth, on the lower level of the Red Templars base, in front of a broken bridge.
- On the outside along the southern wall of the Blades of Hessarian camp.
- West by northwest of Driftwood Margin Camp, the southernmost inquisition camp. Just down the hill.
- North of the entrance to the "Lyrium Falls" cave, on the east mountain side of long river.
Adds electricity damage to each weapon strike
- Inside the "Waterfall Cave" in the far south-east of the map. The glyph is halfway into the cave, on the left, and the veilfire brazier is further in near the dwarven statue and waterfall.
Loot EditBane of Red Crossing
Ser Yves de Chevac used this bow in the Exalted March against the Dales – specifically, in the liberation of Val Royeaux, where the chevalier famously struck down the elven forces' commander with a shot to the throat at two hundred feet.
Requires: Level 8
+3% Critical Chance
+8% Guard Damage Bonus
10% chance to inflict Immolate damage at 50% weapon power - In the cave revealed by Astrariums on the Coast Dread
"Let my enemies see me on the battlefield. Let the dread seep into their bones, knowing their end is nigh, for at this moment I am not a man. I am a force of nature and the bringer of death."
+12% Sunder When Hit
+6 Strength - Looted from a chest just before completion of Iron Bull's companion quest Demands of the Qun. Fragment of Inadequate Chain Mail
The designer may have misheard "Aureola of Protection."
- Found on a corpse after arriving on Dragon Island, just west of where the boat docks. In Peace, Vigilance
Unique Heavy Armor
Blight is beaten, and we of the Hammer of Anderfels commit to this promise: that never will we forget, lest corruption steal victory back from our children.
Requires: Level 13
Inquisition: +18 Maximum Health
+29% Melee Defense
+3% Stagger on Being Hit
On dying: 5% chance to heal for half health
Trespasser: +24 Maximum Health
+7% Melee Defense
+4% Stagger on Being Hit
On dying: 5% chance to heal for half health - Looted from the Vinsomer High Dragon. Master Dragon-Slaying Rune Schematic
Inflicts bonus damage against dragons on each weapon strike.
- Looted from the Vinsomer High Dragon. Mighty Offense Tonic Recipe
Grants a bonus to damage.
- Looted from a chest behind the locked door during A Glowing Key side quest. Prismatic Greataxe
The blade of this greataxe shimmers with energy. Each swing randomly gives off blistering heat, biting cold, sizzling static, or ghostly light. The wielder is protected from these blasts of elemental magic by whatever complex enchantments make the weapon work at all.
Requires: Level 12
Damage: 174-183 AoE
+15% Cold Resistance
+15% Electric Resistance
+15% Fire Resistance
+15% Spirit Resistance
On hit: deals additional random elemental damage. - In the cave revealed by Astrariums on the Coast. Schaefer's Rampart
Crafted for a resilient northern champion, this shield embodies its namesake and his proven approach to victory.
"Whether stony plain or caged court, don't wait. Rely on the spurs. The big fundamental should push power forward. Fight the fight in front of you, until your better is best."
A shield that sets an example, grounded not in extremes of alignment but in the perseverance that everyone who steps into battle must have.
Requires: Level 3
+30% Front Defense
+3% Melee Defense
+2% Stagger on Being Hit
10% chance to grant 5 seconds of Horn of Valor - In a chest in an unmarked dwarven mine east of the "Hessarian Camp" Superb Ring of Flanking
+20% Flanking Damage Bonus - Looted from the Vinsomer High Dragon. Wyvern Tooth
Named for a deadly beast, but this is no fang driven by muscle. A more elegant force, a want, pulls the tip toward the heart. The hilt is from Seheron, but the metal of the blade is not, nor is it found among its southern neighbors. It's hard to place the age of it since the edge never tarnishes.
Requires: Level 15
+25% Armor Penetration
+3% Bleed on Hit - Looted from the Vinsomer High Dragon.
Codex entries EditCodex entry: A Challenge! Codex entry: The Conversion of Hessarian Codex entry: Daerwin's Mouth Codex entry: A Father's Letter Codex entry: From the Canticle of Transfigurations Codex entry: A Grey Warden's Journal Codex entry: Hard in Hightown: Chapter Two Codex entry: Iron Bull Codex entry: In the Mists: A Torn Sky Codex entry: In the Mists: Phantoms Out of Dreams Codex entry: Notes Found in a Mage's Hut Codex entry: Par Vollen: The Occupied North Codex entry: The Stone Tree Codex entry: The Storm Coast Codex entry: The Storm Coast's Claim Codex entry: A Supply List Codex entry: Surface Dwarves Codex entry: Unsigned Journal Codex entry: What Discipline Achieves
Other texts EditBandit Notes A Bitter Note Initiation for the Blades of Hessarian Journal Found on the Storm Coast
- During the first visit of the Inquisitor on the Storm Coast there could be seen a fighting between a Giant and High Dragon. This is the only opportunity to see a giant on the Storm Coast.
- The Rebel Mage from A Glowing Key quest can be encountered multiple times, even after the quest is complete.
- The Storm Coast is one of two areas that don't have a Resources war table operation, the other being the Forbidden Oasis.