The game's difficulty setting for all attempts is "Normal" unless otherwise stated. Raising or lowering the game's difficulty setting will increase or decrease the skill/attribute requirements, respectively.
Lookup Table Edit
Note: With each additional rank of Stealing, you can reduce the required Cunning by 5 points. You also need 5 less points per rank of Stealth (if in Stealth mode).
|Ostagar||King's Campsite||Duncan||One Valuable Item||38||Steal 2x: Once during the day, and again at night after Wilds. Items include grandmaster hale, silverite and cold iron rune as well as flawless grade Small Crystals and Large Crystals.|
|Ostagar||Mage's Area||Quartermaster||Hardy's Belt§||Any||Steal 2x: before and after Korcari Wilds|
|Lothering||Outside Chantry||Merchant||Imperium Crossbow§||20|
|Orzammar||Proving Grounds||Piotin||One Valuable Item & 2||54|
|Orzammar|| Orzammar Diamond Quarter: |
Chamber of the Assembly &
|Vartag Gavorn||Champion's Shield§ & One simple item||35||Steal 3x: once in each location|
|Orzammar||Chamber of the Assembly||Lord Pyral Harrowmont||2439||55||When King is being chosen|
|Orzammar||Dust Town||Rogek||One simple item & 20||48|
|Orzammar||Orzammar Commons||Mines Commander||Nugbane||40-45||(PC Only) Must use the workaround to acquire the crossbow, otherwise you will only receive dwarven loot.|
|Orzammar||Orzammar Royal Palace||Prince Bhelen||One Valuable Item or 3 - 4||39|
|Orzammar||Shaperate||Shaper||Shaper's Amulet§||55||Amulet: +2 Willpower|
|Orzammar||Diamond Quarter||Lord Anwer Dace||Thorn of the Dead Gods§||55||After completing The first Prince's Favor.|
|Deep Roads||Aeducan Thaig||Lord Anwer Dace||Thorn of the Dead Gods§||60||Before completing The first Prince's Favor.|
|Deep Roads|| The Dead Trenches|
Orzammar Diamond Quarter
|Kardol||2 - 4||99?||Stealth + Improved Steal + 57 Cunning. Second attempt possible after completing A Paragon of Her Kind|
|Deep Roads||Anvil of the Void||Golem||3||80|
|Deep Roads||Anvil of the Void||Branka|| One Valuable Item or |
5 0 67
|Circle Tower||Apprentice Quarters||Greagoir||One Valuable Item & Greagoir's Shield||50||(PC Only) Must use the workaround to acquire the shield, otherwise you will only receive generic loot.|
|Circle Tower|| Apprentice Quarters|
Redcliffe Castle - Main Floor
|First Enchanter Irving||One Valuable Item||66||Can be pickpocketed once, in the harrowing chamber. Again, after completing Broken Circle. Third attempt possible if the Circle is recruited to save Connor.|
|Denerim||Market District||Habren||Tiara§ + 53||45|
|Denerim||Market District||Master Ignacio||One Valuable Item||58||Tavern requires more skill than outside. You will typically get a high tier poison coating or trap when stealing.|
|Denerim||Gnawed Noble Tavern||Master Ignacio||One Valuable Item or between 3 & 4||71|
|Denerim||The Pearl||Isabela||One Valuable Item||58|
|Denerim|| Arl of Denerim's Estate |
Arl of Redcliffe's Estate
|Anora||One Valuable Item or between 3 - 4||72|
|Denerim||Arl of Redcliffe's Estate||Riordan||One Valuable Item||72|
|Redcliffe Castle||Riordan's Room||Riordan||5 86 93||73|
|Mountain Top||Ruined Temple||Kolgrim||Chevalier's Mace & One Valuable Item or between 3 & 4||The item might include a Master Rune.|
|Redcliffe Village||Windmill||Ser Perth||One Valuable Item||After all battles completed.|
- § = items that you always receive from the target.
- One Valuable Item = a random item that include items at least as valuable as Potent potions, runes (up to Grandmaster), high-end jewelry, or gold.
Pilfering Notes Edit
- Stealing Mechanics are explained in the main article's discussion.
- If you fail to successfully steal in Denerim, you will encounter a swarm of guards when traveling on the City Map to nearby locations. Note that you MUST actually fail a stealing attempt to trigger the encounters - just stealing from enough people in Denerim is not enough (confirmed PC patch 1.04). Note that if you missed your chance to do this before the Landsmeet, you will still have the opportunity to fail an attempt to steal from the nobles that show up for the Landsmeet.
- In the downloaded ps3 version, even with 4 stealing with over 30 cunning, Master Ignacio's pocket is a steel trap.