Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This quest can be acquired and completed only during the Landsmeet questline. According to Slim Couldry, Loghain Mac Tir is outside of Denerim and his seneschal is getting his crown polished for the Landsmeet. He can be found having some rest in the Gnawed Noble Tavern but he is under heavy guard. The Warden is tasked with stealing Loghain's crown. The seneschal and his guards appear only if the Warden pays 6 to Slim Couldry.
Head over to the Gnawed Noble Tavern.
- Have the waitresses incapacitate the guards by paying 3 or convincing them that that you are sent on behalf of the owner (one point in Coercion is needed). Alternatively, pay 3 to get the guards another round of drinks or 5 for dwarven ale. With sufficient Poison skill, you can also spike the drinks. Convincing the waitresses that Loghain's men are dangerous will always fail.
- A character with Stealth (four points are needed) can sneak in the room and steal from the seneschal (basic stealing point is enough).
- If the character is not detected and acquires the crown, the guards won't turn hostile afterwards. If the character is detected before the crown is stolen, combat will normally occur.
- The stealth option only works using The Warden's stealth ability. Companions using stealth are always detected even with four points in the talent.
- The Warden can also initiate conversation with the guard captain. The latter will always recognize the Warden so choosing to fool him will never work. However, he can be intimidated into leaving (requires two points in Coercion).
- If you successfully intimidate him, four dialog options will appear. Choosing any of them will make the guards flee except the (Attack) option which will initiate combat. Once the guards leave, the seneschal will speak and ask what is going on. He can be informed that he is being robbed (it is always successful), intimidated (it is always successful) into giving the crown or attacking him to pay for his master's sins. If a non-violent method is chosen, the Warden still has the option to kill the seneschal after the latter hands over the crown.
- Combat is also another way to acquire the crown. The guard captain will be assisted by four more soldiers and the door leading to the rest of the tavern will close during the fight, making it a close quarters combat. The seneschal will be marked as an enemy, but he will not actively take part in the fighting.
- Loghain Guard Captain (Human, Lieutenant)
- Loghain Soldier (Human, Normal and one Lieutenant) melee and ranged warrior
- Loghain's Seneschal (Human, Normal) in possession of Teyrn Loghain's Crown
- Returning to Slim Couldry after completing this heist will inform the Warden that they are called the "Dark Wolf" and that the nobles are afraid to get out of their manors.
- After the soldiers have been successfully intimidated, they will remain in the room; however, they won't turn hostile. Additionally, If you choose to kill the seneschal after you intimidate the soldiers into fleeing, the soldiers will still be there to assist him in the fight.
- pcAfter the seneschal hands over the crown (through dialogue), another one can be stolen from him or found in his corpse if you choose to attack him.
- If you defeat the guards in battle, sometimes the doors will lock and trap you inside. Picking the lock is not possible, though clicking on the Blackstone Irregulars box seems to rectify this issue.
- You can complete this quest even after the Landsmeet, despite Slim mentioning that the crown was there to be prepared for the Landsmeet.