Starfang is obtained by bringing the Meteor Metal Ore found during The Crater World map encounter to Mikhael Dryden in Soldier's Peak after the completion of the Soldier's Peak quest. When you speak with Mikhael with the meteor ore in your inventory, you can ask him if he can forge a weapon for you out of it. He gives you a choice between making you a longsword or a greatsword. Choose carefully, as there is only enough ore for one weapon.
- Starfang is arguably the most, or at least one of the most, powerful swords in Dragon Age: Origins.
- You can find the ore even if you do not have the DLC.
- The item will not import over to Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening.
- Starfang will grade down from Starmetal (Tier 8) to Dragonbone (Tier 7) if it is sold to certain vendors.
- Although Starfang itself wasn't included in Dragon Age II, its model was reused for Perrin's Nail.
- Starfang's general model is shared by Maric's Blade, Dwyn's Sword, Girl's Best Friend, and the Keening Blade, albeit with a different color scheme.
- Starfang may be inspired by Dawn a legendary sword from A Song of Ice & Fire. Dawn's origins are lost to legend and it is said to be crafted from metal forged from the heart of a fallen star.