If you have Sigrun in your party, walk by the east side of town past Constable Aidan. There will be a cut scene showing Sigrun bumping into Mischa; the female dwarf is not pleased to meet Sigrun again. It is quickly revealed that Sigrun, before joining the Legion of the Dead worked for the Carta. Mischa had been helping Sigrun, as she felt sorry for the casteless. However. one day a gold statuette depicting the Paragon of House Bemot was stolen, and Beraht, the Carta's boss, forced Sigrun via blackmail to hide the statuette in Mischa's shop. Eventually it was found and Mischa was exiled to the surface. The conversation is brief, as Mischa is very busy working for a tanner.
Travel back to Vigil's Keep and speak to Sigrun. She will tell you that she is fully responsible. If you say, "You're not the person you used to be", the quest will update to seek Mischa out and give you Sigrun approves (+9) . Mischa is located in The Crown and Lion and by approaching her, a cutscene plays. Sigrun will offer the gold ring that previously belonged to Varlan, a former noble from House Vollney, who was a friend of Sigrun in the Legion. Mischa will accept the ring and thank Sigrun unless you choose to tell Sigrun to keep the ring and give money to Mischa, instead. She will tell you the ring is at least worth 20 but you can negotiate:
- "(Persuade) It's old. It's only worth fifteen." Sigrun approves (+6) (this requires Expert Coercion)
- "Then take 30." Sigrun approves (+6)
- "Twenty sovereigns it is." Sigrun approves (+6)
- "Fine--keep the blasted ring." Sigrun disapproves (-3)
If you choose to pay Mischa, you will be rewarded with:
- It does not appear that you need a certain approval for Sigrun in order to initiate this quest. Successful initiation of the quest has been verified at an approval rating of 0 and up to 100.