The character has mastered the use of the shield for both offense and defense, and receives additional benefits when using various Weapon & Shield abilities.
- Shield Bash: The attribute bonus is added a second time, but does not scale with criticals. Shields do 5-0 base damage, have an attribute scale factor of 1, and attribute damage is randomized in the range [0.25:0.5], effectively scaling the same as a dual-wielded longsword, but with a different base damage.
- Shield Pummel: Attribute bonus is added to each attack as with Shield Bash.
- Assault: Weapon damage rolls (not attribute) are always maximized.
- Overpower: Weapon damage rolls (not attribute) are always maximized. Due to a bug in shield damage, this forces Overpower to deal a "maximum" base damage of 0 with each strike, actually reducing the damage dealt.
- Shield Defense: +5 Defense.
- Shield Wall: +10 Defense.
- Shield Cover: +10 Missile Deflection.
- Activation base is in Stamina and values vary with fatigue%.