A refugee at the Crossroads is having trouble breathing. Without a specific potion, she is likely to die.
Once Crossroads has been claimed, ambient chatter of a distressed refugee can be heard. He is located across from the merchant on the road or walking around the fire. Once spoken to he will direct the Herald to his son, Hyndel, who has left to join the cult in the hills.
Travel to the Dwarfson's Pass Camp and south to the Winterwatch Tower and up to the keep. The Herald will need to speak to Anais to gain access to the castle. Once inside, travel up the left ramp and crossover to the ladder upwards. Once there, speak to Hyndel. He will hand over a potion and tell the Herald to quickly take it to his father.
Giving the potion to the refugee completes the quest.
- 44 XP
- 40 Influence
- If present when the quest is completed
- If recruited but not in the party when the quest is completed
- If you speak with Hyndel again after the quest is completed, the following approval may be earned:
- (Special) Elves must help each other. (Elf Inquisitor only)
- (Special) Go to your family.
- (Special) Solas? (If Solas is in the party)
- Lord Berand can also be found in the keep for the quest Love Waits
- A piece of the mosaic, The Fall is located at the top of the north tower along with an elven artifact which will grant 44 XP, 40 Influence and
- A bottle of Vint-9 Rowan's Rose is on a table near Lord Berand for the Bottles on the Wall collection.
- xboxoneps4When returning the potion, if Hyndel's father initiates the dialogue, the option to join the conversation will not appear. If the Inquisitor exits the conversation by walking away and returns later, the refugee cannot be interacted with, causing the player to be unable to finish the quest. Reloading a previous save and speaking to Hyndel's father before he has a chance to speak first is an easy fix.
- ps4 A possible fix is to stand still until Hyndel's father switches chairs, which terminates the dialogue and allows interaction.
- pc You can speak to Hyndel and use both Special interactions and gain approval/disapproval for allies.