Ser Jory is one of the Grey Warden recruits that the Warden meets at Ostagar. He comes from Redcliffe, where he served as a knight for Arl Eamon. However, after meeting his future wife in Highever, he asked Arl Eamon permission to leave Redcliffe. He was drafted into the Grey Wardens by Duncan after winning a tournament in Highever. His now-pregnant Helena waits for his return.
Initial statistics Edit
|Two-Handed||Pommel Strike Indomitable Sunder Arms Mighty Blow|
|Weapons|| Balanced Greatsword|
Iron (Tier 1)
Critical chance: 1.50%
Armor penetration: 3.00
Strength modifier: 1.10 Longbow
Varies (Tier 1-7)
Requires: 14 dexterity
Critical chance: 1.00%
Armor penetration: 4.00
Strength modifier: 1.00
|Armor|| Chainmail armor set|
Varies (Tier 1-7)
Set: -2.5% fatigue
While his primary weapon is a two-handed sword, he also comes equipped with a longbow. His willpower is the lowest of the three companions for this scenario, and he has the most talents available for activation – so expect him to burn through his stamina supply relatively quickly.
- "There is no glory in this!"
- "I listened to tales of the Grey Wardens and dreamt one day, I, too would ride a griffin into battle against slavering monsters."
- Ser Jory: I am not a coward, but this is foolish and reckless.
- The Warden: You sound like a coward to me.
- Ser Jory: I am just simply... trying to stay... alive.
- If the Warden is female, Jory will be surprised, saying that he didn't know women were permitted to join the Grey Wardens.
- In Dragon Age II, Isabela, in party banter, presses Aveline for information about her husband Donnic. One of the lines she may or may not ask is "Did he... shank your Jory?"
- In addition to his Two-Handed Weapon talents, Jory may have some Archery talents when he first joins the party. Some are taken out of order (second and third-tier talents with none of the first-tier prerequisite talents) and the total number of talents exceeds the number of talents available to a warrior of his level. The archery talents will be removed upon saving and reloading the game. Confirmed pc v. 1.05.
- It is possible to use the Ostagar map hole to get the party to The Tower of Ishal early and skip the Joining. Ser Jory and Daveth will follow the main character from here on (except in Connor's Fade world, though they return afterward), and after the Tower of Ishal both Ser Jory and Daveth will be immortal in battle. Participating in the official Orzammar Proving removes the immortality. pc v. 1.05