- “Snuffle, snuffle!”
- This article is about the creature. For the gift, see Cute Nug.
Schmooples is a nug which can be caught by the Idle Dwarf for the Warden. Once the Cute Nug is given to Leliana as a gift, he will appear in the Party Camp. After the nug becomes Leliana's pet she names him Schmooples.
The Warden can ask the Idle Dwarf located in Dust Town for a nug only after Leliana has expressed the desire to have one. This banter can only occur in Orzammar after the Warden has accrued sufficient approval with Leliana or is in a relationship with her.
- Leliana: Oh! It's one of the subterranean bunny-pigs! Ohh, look at him. Come here you...
- Warden: Careful, he nips.
- Leliana: He's probably just hungry. Oooh, he's snuffling me! Snuffle, snuffle! (Happy squeal.)
- Leliana: "Thank you so much. You've made my day."
(after Leliana was given the Cute Nug as a gift)
- Oghren: Ach! Leliana, get this stupid beast out of here.
- Leliana: I am sorry, Oghren, was he disturbing you?
- Oghren: No, but if he isn't careful I'm going to start thinking about how delicious he looks. A little taste of home, eh?
- Leliana: Um, I will make sure Schmooples is never underfoot again.
- Oghren: Schmooples? You named a nug Schmooples? The last thing we need around here is a walking snack named Schmooples!
- There is a note in Skyhold keep regarding Schmooples' offspring, Schmooples II.
- It is possible to collect Schmooples and give it to Boermor. Simply give the Cute Nug gift to Leliana in the Orzammar Commons and she will take it and set it on the floor. You can then pick it up and give it to Boermor. This does not work if the Nug is given to her in camp as the Nug cannot be picked up at this point.