|This page may benefit from additional or higher quality pictures. Help the wiki by uploading one. See here for help on how to do so.|
Varric's writing is more popular than he lets on. Find all 48 copies of Hard in Hightown in Skyhold.
The player has to find 48 copies of "Hard in Hightown" in various locations throughout Skyhold.
- On the ground next to the altar Leliana has built in Skyhold's rookery, where the crows reside.
- On the couch in the chamber where Solas resides.
- In Cullen's bedroom. This can be found up the ladder from where Cullen usually resides. It lies on top of a barrel.
- One copy can be found on the eastern ramparts, on the crumbled section.
- A book can be found on a shelf in the kitchen.
- One can be found in the barn's loft. It lies on a bale of hay on the northern side.
- On the ground floor inside the gatehouse lies a copy. This one can be accessed by entering the door immediately to the right of the main gate, and then going to the door on the left.
- A copy lies on the bridge on the outside of the main gate. It can be found on the right just before World Map barrier.
- One book lies on the floor inside the tower connected to the tavern. It lies to the left of the bed.
- Three copies can be found on the northwestern part of the ramparts. This is the place where the player meets with Varric and Hawke for the first time inside Skyhold. They can be found on the ground in the corner.
- In the tower near where you first meet Hawke, three copies can be found between the bunk beds and the wall near the east facing door.
- Three copies can be found on the third floor of the northern tower. This tower is located on the northwestern side of the garden. This is the same tower that can be upgraded to a Mage or Templar tower.
- Inside the garden gazebo.
- One copy can be found in the same room as Morrigan's Eluvian, on the bench on the left hand side. This room is accessible only after Morrigan is stationed at Skyhold.
- A book can be found in the staircase north of the garden. It lies on the ground floor in the northwestern corner on a barrel.
- Three copies are in a small room where a statue of Andraste can be found. This room can be accessed from the garden. The book lies on the ground behind a toppled bench on the left hand side.
- One copy can be found in the dilapidated section of the dungeon. Go down to the dungeon through the door south of the armory. Pass the guard and open the door at the far end of the room. The book can be found on the ground to the left in front of a cell.
- A copy can be found in the tavern, on the ground floor in the room behind Cabot.
- Three copies can be found on the ground in Sera's room in the tavern. This room is on the second floor.
- One book can be found on the top floor of the tavern, in the corner where Cole may reside.
- One copy can be found behind some bushes, in between the tavern and the surgeon's place. (Behind the tavern near Cassandra)
- Three books can be found on the second floor just above Ser Morris and the requisitions table.
- One book can be found at the top floor of the same location as the above three books. It lies on a bedroll.
- One copy lies on a table in the southeastern corner of the armory, on the ground floor.
- A book can be found in the main hall right behind the throne.
Note: This book does not appear behind the Legacy Kirkwall throne. Switching to another throne will make the book reappear.
- Three books can be found on the floor near Vivienne's permanent location. The three books can be found next to the railing overlooking the main hall.
- One book can only be found after completing one of the main quests. Go through the door north of Vivienne, which was previously closed off by scaffolding. This will open to a walkway overlooking the garden. Follow the walkway and enter the last door, which opens to a neglected room overgrown with vines. The book lies on a cabinet on the right.
- One copy can be found in the same room as Josephine. It lies next to a chair in front of the fireplace.
- There is a copy on a bench on the right hand side of the bottle collection room.
- One of the copies is in the study, on the table right next to a very large book. The study can be found on the same floor as the bottle collection room, but more to the southeast.
- Three books are on a wooden walkway when entering the door to the Inquisitor's room. The books cannot be missed when walking from the main hall to the Inquisitor's room.
- A copy lies on the western balcony adjacent to the Inquisitor's room.
- 200 Influence
- It is possible to farm the books. Leaving Skyhold for another location and returning will refresh all the spawns.
- It may be possible the copy that lies in the staircase north of the garden lies in the air, about three meters from the ground. This copy can still be accessed though, by walking up the stairs until the player stands right above the book. The book should now be selectable; otherwise, jump down and press the correct button whilst falling down.
- After finishing the quest, books may still appear to be interactable, but do nothing.