Deep Roads Grotto
The Runic Golem is found in the Deep Roads Grotto after the Warden and Jerrik go through a few battles with the darkspawn. To activate the golem the Warden must first find its control rod located not too far away from where the golem is resting as part of the quest of the same name.
|Click here to reveal spoilers|
for Golems of Amgarrak.
- The Runic Golem gets new powers each time a research note is found. Gathering all 6 notes unlocks the A Secret Stitched Together achievement.
- The Runic Golem is difficult to heal because it cannot use health poultices. The only means of healing it are injury kits and spells. If you are not a mage, prepare a proper amount of injury kits before starting the DLC.
- Although the Runic Golem has the same equipment slots as Shale, it can't equip any crystals.
- The Runic Golem is the only companion who does not speak at all (excluding the darkspawn in The Darkspawn Chronicles).
- The golem has the body of a steel golem, yet its head is that of a stone golem.
- Tank (Passive) - The creature is a tank, able to sustain significantly more damage than others of its kind. It gains a large bonus to health and a small bonus to armor.
- Critical Hit Immunity (Passive) - The character is immune to critical hits.
Upgrades Locations Edit
- The first healing upgrade is in the north-westernmost room of Amgarrak.
- The second healing upgrade and Tempest are in the northernmost room of Amgarrak, along with The Reaper's Cudgel. (Must be in the Green Dimension to attain.)
- Flaming Weapons and the first attribute upgrade are in the Ancient Hall. (Must be in the Blue Dimension to attain.)
- The second attribute upgrade is in the path above the Forge. (Must be in the Red Dimension to attain.)