A Runic Golem is found in the Deep Roads Grotto after the Warden-Commander and Jerrik Dace go through a few battles with the darkspawn. To activate the golem, the Warden must first find its control rod, which is located not too far away from where the golem is resting, as part of The Runic Golem quest.The golem is crushed by a falling boulder at the end of the campaign.
- Tank (passive) - The creature is a tank, able to sustain significantly more damage than others of its kind. It gains a large bonus to health and a small bonus to armor.
- Critical Hit Immunity (passive) - The character is immune to critical hits.
Upgrade locations Edit
- The first healing upgrade is in the north-westernmost room of Amgarrak.
- The second healing upgrade and Tempest are in the northernmost room of Amgarrak, along with The Reaper's Cudgel. (Must be in the Green Dimension to attain.)
- Flaming Weapons and the first attribute upgrade are in the Ancient Hall. (Must be in the Blue Dimension to attain.)
- The second attribute upgrade is in the path above the Forge. (Must be in the Red Dimension to attain.)
- Runic Golem gets new powers each time a research note is found. Gathering all six notes unlocks the "A Secret Stitched Together" achievement.
- Runic Golem is difficult to heal because it cannot use health poultices. The only means of healing it are injury kits and spells. If you are not a mage, make sure you have a proper amount of injury kits before starting.
- Although Runic Golem has the same equipment slots as Shale, it can't equip any crystals.
- Runic Golem is the only companion who does not speak at all (excluding the darkspawn in The Darkspawn Chronicles).
- The golem has the body of a steel golem, yet its head is that of a stone golem.