Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There are numerous rivers in Thedas. Rivers have played key roles in pivotal battles and other moments in history.
Known rivers Edit
- The Lattenfluss, which crosses several major cities including Hossberg before emptying in the Colean Sea.
- Drakon River, which crosses Denerim before it empties into the Amaranthine Ocean.
- Hafter River, in the arling of Amaranthine.
- River Dane, in northwestern Ferelden.
- White River, in the White River bannorn.
Free Marches Edit
- Minanter River, which crosses most of the Free Marches, making them one of the most fertile regions of Thedas.
- River Cumber, running through the city of Cumberland.
- Unnamed river emptying in the Nocen Sea near Vyrantium.
- Aedros Atuna, an underground river which never sees the sun. Its clay is used by dwarven artisans for crafting.
- Battle of White River: A battle during the Fereldan Rebellion about which little is known, save that it was a devastating defeat for the rebel forces from which only fifty rebels escaped, including Bryce Cousland, Rendon Howe and Leonas Bryland.
- Battle of River Dane: A pivotal battle in the Fereldan Rebellion in which two legions of chevaliers crossing the river were ambushed and slain, the defeat such that the Orlesian Emperor Florian abandoned his support to King Meghren as he saw little point in squandering so many resources to secure what had become an ungovernable and rebellious province.
The Minanter River was referred to in ancient times as the River Pnemoix.